MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any Casters in Jacksonville Florida?

Boolit Bub

any Casters in Jacksonville Florida?

I'm in jax and been casting for a few years. Just looking for anyone else in my area to talk / swap with and learn in person.

Thanks!
    USAF Veteran - NRA Certified Pistol Instructor - 1911 Junky

Boolit Master

Been casting in Jacksonville for 32 years. It's a fun hobby

Boolit Master

I am over by NAS Jax.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Bub
    I've only been casting a few years... and love it. Mostly handgun stuff.... 9mm, 38/357, 45acp and some 300blk. I have a small private range on the Northside and access to lead... lots of it. If you guys need any I can help.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
    I've only been casting a few years... and love it. Mostly handgun stuff.... 9mm, 38/357, 45acp and some 300blk. I have a small private range on the Northside and access to lead... lots of it. If you guys need any I can help.

Your lucky I go to Gateway

I have casted over 200,000 bullets mostly pistol but also do rifle.

Boolit Master

When I get back, my range scraps is getting low. I need to find a range that will let me "decontamination the environment".

I also use the gateway. Lol they weren't happy with me when they caught me mining their berms.

I have been casting for several years pistol and rifle. I dont know about number of individual bullets. But I do go go trough about 200 lbs of lead a year.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    When I get back, my range scraps is getting low. I need to find a range that will let me "decontamination the environment".

I also use the gateway. Lol they weren't happy with me when they caught me mining their berms.

I have been casting for several years pistol and rifle. I dont know about number of individual bullets. But I do go go trough about 200 lbs of lead a year.

Back in the day Gateway only had a 25 50 yard pistol line it's where day shooter use now. I would mine those berms after every bullseye match. Just pickup 200 gn swc off the ground.

Boolit Bub
    Rcmaveric - When you get back, let me know and we'll get you hooked up on lead!

Boolit Man
    Down in gainesville area, loading and casting about 45 years.

Boolit Master

HotRod, deal.

I like their RSOs at the Gateway. A couple of them cast and I enjoy their stories and tips.... those perfectionist on the 200 yard need some counseling I avoid them like the plague. If you dont do such and such you won't hit this.... and the argument about brass....

Oddly enough they have a large contraption there for mining the berm. The old RSO who caught me mine said they used to sell it by the bucket for 10 bucks. I dont know why they stopped though. Their pistol berms are full of good stuff. That's where the cowboy shoots are.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    HotRod, deal.

I like their RSOs at the Gateway. A couple of them cast and I enjoy their stories and tips.... those perfectionist on the 200 yard need some counseling I avoid them like the plague. If you dont do such and such you won't hit this.... and the argument about brass....

Oddly enough they have a large contraption there for mining the berm. The old RSO who caught me mine said they used to sell it by the bucket for 10 bucks. I dont know why they stopped though. Their pistol berms are full of good stuff. That's where the cowboy shoots are.

They stopped selling it because there weren't enough casters buying it. 35 years ago they would take the front end loader scope out a bucket full then we would use screens to get the lead. That's how I got started. Jacksonville is different today we over 100,000 sailors in the area back then. So almost everyone on the range we active, retired or had served. The range was started by a Chief that was a Peal Harbor survivor. He liked to yell at me

Boolit Master

Damn bud I lived in Kingsbay GA 2 years ago, why did you wait so long to ask lol
    90% professional 10% mature

Boolit Bub
    Dang! Sorry man!! If you need any good clean lead, PM me I'm sure I can help.

Hey Hotrod
    I am the epitome of the cast projectile shooter. My home and shop are in Pomona Park, Putnam county. Been casting over fifty five years and win state titles with cast. Many of my students hold state titles through my tutelage. Currently in the best gun room ever in my life. I would send pictures but evidently have posted my limit. Run through my posts for pictures of various activities. Allow me to extend an invitation to visit, sip, converse and exchange.
    Roy
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

Boolit Bub
    Roy,
    Sounds great! I'd love to see a north Florida meet of some kind. Heck, I can host on my land if needed... cookout, shoot and tell lies all day!

But, until then I'd love to come visit! PM me your contact info

Thanks!!

Boolit Master

Hotrod99,

Great your reaching out to folks and asking. I haven't actually cast anything yet but have been slowly snatching up used molds n stuff as I've seen locally (38/357 and 44 mag). I've only managed to accumulate about 20 pounds of lead (mostly old roofing/plumbing and cast-net lead). Been kinda waiting for slightly cooler weather and have been thinking about ordering something from Roto metals to harden what I have, but have only managed to confuse the hell out of myself. Have also managed to accumulate 3 pounds of pewter.

I'm in far northeast JAX in the Yellow Bluff & Starratt Road area and would love the opportunity to sit in on a casting session and pickup some lead. Now I need to figure how to save this thread.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Hotrod99,

Great your reaching out to folks and asking. I haven't actually cast anything yet but have been slowly snatching up used molds n stuff as I've seen locally (38/357 and 44 mag). I've only managed to accumulate about 20 pounds of lead (mostly old roofing/plumbing and cast-net lead). Been kinda waiting for slightly cooler weather and have been thinking about ordering something from Roto metals to harden what I have, but have only managed to confuse the hell out of myself. Have also managed to accumulate 3 pounds of pewter.

I'm in far northeast JAX in the Yellow Bluff & Starratt Road area and would love the opportunity to sit in on a casting session and pickup some lead. Now I need to figure how to save this thread.
    Hit top then thread tools and subscribe to this thread.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Hit top then thread tools and subscribe to this thread.
    Thanks, that was easy.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    My wife was born and grew up on 40 acres of Yellow Bluff Rd. just off New Berlin when it was all scrub oak and piney woods. I lived in Oceanway on Sago Rd. when in high school.

Send me a pm with info and I'll get my high school buddy who still lives on Starrett Rd about a mile from Dunn's Creek Church to contact you. He used to cast and says he wants to get back into it.

Bullet casting is easy enough (even I can do it!) but a little help at first can go a long way for a new guy; I'm sure Lyle remembers the basics and he would be happy to help you. In fact, helping you get started just might be good for both of you!
    Last edited by 1hole; 11-15-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Boolit Mold

Lead

Hello Everyone,

I love in Ortega area near NAS. I’m in need of either wheel weights or
    lead alloy for casting. I have about 50lbs left in my stock.

If anyone can help out a fellow caster, I’d appreciate it!

I’m a member at Gateway and cast for 308/30-06, 350L, 450BM, 9mm, 357mag

Steve Gonzalez
    steve75g@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast