Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: RPM of the motors in vibritory case tumblers ??

Boolit Buddy

RPM of the motors in vibritory case tumblers ??

I found a motor to fix my broken smaller Dillon tumbler, it is a 3200 rpm motor and is 2 times the size of the original one. I dont know whether dillon put a 1750 rpm motor or the faster 3200-3500 rpm one

Does anyone know? or what might you think tumblers rpm's are?

I've got the big, black, Lyman, bowl tumbler. I think its their turbo magnum or something like that.
    I don't know exactly how fast the motor spins, but from looking a fans & other motors that spin in the 'teens'---
    It looks & feels like its going WAY! faster than 1750.

I'd put it on, and hit the 'go' button.
    It'll either work fine,,,,, or if it looks slow, you might have to let it run overnight.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

When I built a couple of vibratory tumblers I used 3300rpm motors with ball bearings from Grainger. I just finished redoing one recently that is over 25 years old!

Banned
    I have a bigger Dillon tumbler , its 3600 rpm so your close enough.
    For us curious types , what motor are you going with .

Boolit Buddy

If you're familiar with the steel plate that the motor is bolted too, most electric motors wont work because the way the old motor bolted on, it is mounted opposite of how most motors are. so, I am going to mount a small blower motor that is about 3" in dia. i will simply tack weld 4 legs on the motor so it can be mounted shaft facing up so the off balanced fan weight can be mounted. after I grind off the heavy paint from the circular mounting plate, i will tack the 4 legs on the center. The whole unit will have to be shimmed up because a couple inches so the new longer motor clears. I will post here later to report how it works, good or bad. I have nothing to lose. this tumbler is is basically new. Dillon wont do squat about it.

Banned
    I havent gave Dillon any of my money after they went back on the lifetime warranty they sold me with my tumbler .

If your new motor doesn't work out , I bought a motor from Grainger that was pretty much a direct replacement .
    5-6 years ago it was under $40 after shipping

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    I havent gave Dillon any of my money after they went back on the lifetime warranty they sold me with my tumbler .

If your new motor doesn't work out , I bought a motor from Grainger that was pretty much a direct replacement .
    5-6 years ago it was under $40 after shipping
    I went to grainger, all they had was a some random base with a motor in it. It was $125.00 and that wasn't even available do you have anymore information on your motor?

Banned
    I looked and can't find an actual part number on what I can see of my motor without taking it off , and my Grainger history doesn't go that far back .

My tumbler is a CV 750 , just going from memory it is a ball bearing motor
    , not a bronze bearing motor like the cv500 has .
    It might be your taking a better route , but maybe Google a CV 750 or what ever the current big tumbler is and see if you can find a part number

The bowl is nearly wore out on mine , I'll probably dig up a rotary tumbler when it breaks down again .

I use frankford Quick-N-EZ 59.00 at Midway

Boolit Master

No idea what your current motor looks like but these motors fall in around the $50 dollar range for 3,000 rpm mentioned above. at Grainger search for: Shaded Pole 3.3 Inch Diameter Motors. I found them by searching for AC motors then selected air conditioners, and then the 3.3.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan