Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally! A decent local store with supplies! And Primers!

Boolit Master

Finally! A decent local store with supplies! And Primers!

After the Gander Mountain closure, we have had no real brick and mortar store in my area for reloading supplies. It's been about 2 years. I heard that Sportsmans Warehouse had opened up shop in the old location. Bear in mind it is 6-7 minutes from my home in a relatively small town. The selection! Isles and isles of brass, bullets and supplies. They had to have had 40 brands of gun lubricant. A full isle of Hornady, Lyman and Lee press supplies and parts. While not quite competing with online, their prices were very reasonable. Far from the blatant rape of GM. And then...….while talking to a fellow enthusiast, a young employee comes down our isle pushing a shopping cart of merchandise. Among other things, primers. SP, SR, SR Benchrest, LR, the works. I left with 3 bricks of Federal SP at $29.99 each and 1 CCI SP for $24.99. There were plenty more, but I felt 4 was enough. Especially considering the kid said one per person, but the cashier didn't care whatsoever. I am just so thrilled to have a actual local store that I can get any supplies I need in 10 minutes. No more week long wait for a missing or broken part.

Boolit Master
    What state?

Boolit Master

Pennsylvania

Boolit Master

I get almost everything online as our small town hasn't had a sporting goods store since the last one closed 20 years ago. I've got several buddies who are FFLs so firearms are no problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    After the Gander Mountain closure, we have had no real brick and mortar store in my area for reloading supplies. It's been about 2 years. I heard that Sportsmans Warehouse had opened up shop in the old location. Bear in mind it is 6-7 minutes from my home in a relatively small town. The selection! Isles and isles of brass, bullets and supplies. They had to have had 40 brands of gun lubricant. A full isle of Hornady, Lyman and Lee press supplies and parts. While not quite competing with online, their prices were very reasonable. Far from the blatant rape of GM. And then...….while talking to a fellow enthusiast, a young employee comes down our isle pushing a shopping cart of merchandise. Among other things, primers. SP, SR, SR Benchrest, LR, the works. I left with 3 bricks of Federal SP at $29.99 each and 1 CCI SP for $24.99. There were plenty more, but I felt 4 was enough. Especially considering the kid said one per person, but the cashier didn't care whatsoever. I am just so thrilled to have a actual local store that I can get any supplies I need in 10 minutes. No more week long wait for a missing or broken part.
    I just paid $59 + tax for the only brick of Federal Small Rifle Primers in the store

Boolit Master

I couldn't believe those prices. I having been buying almost exclusively from Powder Valley for the last 5 years. Thought they were about the best value. Guess I was wrong. The acquaintance I was talking to there said that 5 weeks ago when they opened, they had a rack full of hundreds of bricks of primers. No limits. Said he bought 20 himself. My bet now is that they have a partial pallet in the back and are just bringing out a few cases a day/week to pump up customer flow.

Banned

I wish our LGS had a small amount of primers in stock. I've got my name on the list but no calls so far.

Boolit Mold
    I have a S.W. store near me too. I like it.they have been out of primers for quite a while.bit a got 4lbs. Of herco for 69$ right before covid there

Moderator Emeritus

Pennsylvania
    Altoona?

Boolit Grand Master
    Those are great prices and I hope it becomes the norm. I will never need to buy another primer but I know people who did not plan and prepare are in bad shape.

Wish we had a store like that within 200 miles. I buy most of my stuff either on line or at competitions where components are sold. I did buy 8lbs of Varget during the last shortage from the LGS and paid a premium.
    Last edited by dverna; 11-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Super prices hanzy, post the location and you won't have to be concerned about those full shelves!!!
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    sounds like heaven

Boolit Master
    Was getting primers for $35/1000 at my lgs. Now they are up to $45/1000 with only large available. Picked up 1000 lg. pistol last week.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    I just looked up, and there is a new SW store about 16 miles from me. It's at the old Field and Stream location.

Boolit Master

Nice to hear,we have to ship on online for the most part unless we want to drive a couple of hours each way.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Pennsylvania
    Not by the Navy Base? In Warrington? Please, please, please ... frantically googling

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    I just looked up, and there is a new SW store about 16 miles from me. It's at the old Field and Stream location.
    Kzoo?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    Kzoo?
    Yes! May have a chance to stop by sometime this week

Boolit Master

Wow, Hanzy4200, I’d be happy too. $30.00 per 1000 is unheard of around here. In fact even the online suppliers, if. / when they have them, want at least $32 plus shipping and HAZMAT. Wish Sportsman’s Warehouse would open a store around here.

Banned

Where in Pennsylvania?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast