Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: H&r 30-30 .

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

H&r 30-30 .

I gave the kids the last 30-30 so now I have to start over . I never found a really bad load in the Savage 325 so here's to hoping this little gem is as fussy .

What I have is an H&R Handi in 30-30 Dad bought several years ago and never shot I guess . No ammo so I'm starting from scratch with this .
    I have several brass flavors .
    I have several moulds .
    I haven't slugged yet , so , 309299 , 309-160R2 , Cramer #45 , 312-155 , 313226 (97grPB) ,311-165 RD , 301618 , 312-230 NOE , best suggestions ? I think there's one missing .

I had good success with I4350 and Unique in the Savage , should I expect the same ?

Just iron sights and no real desire to scope it , I do have a couple of FP type Williams sights I might try on it though .
    Probably a project for grands , 4-15 yr .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Banned
    The first thing I would suggest is to slug the barrel, that will tell you what molds you can use (unless you powder coat!)

the win 94 did good in 30-30 all the H&R guns I have shoot good and being a single shot you don't have to worry about the nose profile

Banned

The little H&R sure is fun, reduced loads are really easy. Attachment 270980

Getting it down to a fiesty 22 mag I suspect is easy .

I was kind of looking for speed bumps and pot holes but it doesn't seem like there are any in a fixed breach 30-30 , vs a lever .

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    I gave the kids the last 30-30 so now I have to start over . I never found a really bad load in the Savage 325 so here's to hoping this little gem is as fussy .

What I have is an H&R Handi in 30-30 Dad bought several years ago and never shot I guess . No ammo so I'm starting from scratch with this .
    I have several brass flavors .
    I have several moulds .
    I haven't slugged yet , so , 309299 , 309-160R2 , Cramer #45 , 312-155 , 313226 (97grPB) ,311-165 RD , 301618 , 312-230 NOE , best suggestions ? I think there's one missing .

I had good success with I4350 and Unique in the Savage , should I expect the same ?

Just iron sights and no real desire to scope it , I do have a couple of FP type Williams sights I might try on it though .
    Probably a project for grands , 4-15 yr .
    Your ranch dog will work great ,I sized mine 310 and will work in my 94 /Marlin and the H+R and the lee 170FN ( GC )is another great mold and they shoot great and kill stuff/Ed

I like the Lee 185 gr gas checked over about 6 grains of Red Dot.
    Lubed with 3 light coats of BLL it shoots very very well in my H&R dirty thirty. Not bad in the win 94 lever either.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Buddy

I would have thought that 4350 would be a little slow burning for cast bullets but then again, life's too short to try everything. I wanted a plain base mold for 30 cal, and I'm starting to like the Accurate 31-175BP with Bullseye powder. Accurate also has the same mold w/gas check.
    http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...31-175BP-D.png
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."--Plato

Ive tried to get down to a half dozen powders . I use the 4350 under the too slow to get hurt fast enough to avoid a SEE slow push for 18" in the core calibers , 25-32 on my bench , so it fits perfectly for PB cast in the 30 Win and 32 Rem .