WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingPBcastco
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rcbs hand primer

I bought 2. 1 for each size.
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well that is an older design than mine, it appears to handle a single primer at a time?

Mine was the newish design during the early 1990's when I bought it after trying friends Lee, the RCBS just fit my hand better. I'm glad I spent the extra few dollars for it.

Without looking at the box, (yes I still keep it in the factory box, might be why it has lasted and stayed around), I believe the proper nomenclature for my unit is the RCBS Hand Priming Tool.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Here are pictures of my problem child. Is this the type you have.
    That's different from the one I have. Mine doesn't have the "balled end" on the pusher rod. Mine must be newer. Mine is from the early 90s.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brick85 View Post
    IIRC on the old style if you don't keep the lever depressed when the bar is off, you mess it up and are supposed to send it back for service.

Just got one of the new ones and it was missing parts. Trying to get a hold of them to send the parts out. Glad that was intended as a spare to my old style one.
    you don't have to send it back, you just have to help the little short bar travel up a little. I've had mine completely apart and in pieces to clean before. it does go back together and function.

I like the new one.. except that once you get to about 32cal case size.. the jaws are iffy. I was reloading some 327 fed mag, and every other case jumped out of the jaws and I had to go back to old trusty to get priming done.

Boolit Master
    I got the priming tool back together but the priming pins would not go down far enough to put in a shell holder. I could see nothing wrong with the assembly. Very frustrating.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 11-11-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Eureka! I have found it. I got it back together and it works. Thanks guys for all your help. I think I could do it again, but I wont.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    I bought an RCBS priming tool after my thumb got tired of operating a Lee. The RCBS has more of a "full" handle, so you use your entire hand instead of just your thumb.

For future reference, wrap a rubber band (or a bread bag tie) around the handle before you start changing parts out. It keeps the unit from springing apart when working with it. I also store it that way if I'm going to use the same primer size in the future....makes the whole thing smaller for storage. Try it, it works. I've also put a couple of pieces of Scotch tape on the tray cover so it doesn't jump off and spill primers everywhere. Try it, it works.

When in use, I always give the whole thing a small shake after each priming operation.........keeps the primers feeding.

My RCBS is at least 20 years old and the only problem I've had is the little plastic primer gizmos that insert in the feed tray tend to wear over the years. A quick call to RCBS brought replacements in no time and no charge.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, I will give your advice a try. 30-06 guns I see you live way up north in California.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12