Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Primer Shortage?

Boolit Grand Master

Huh. Well I was just outback powder coating some boolits and messed around on the shelving while the boolits were in the oven. Found a wooden crate in the back I'd forgotten I'd put there with over 20,000 primers in it. LPP, SPP, SRP etc. How about that? Also found the crate with powder I bought from Jeff Bartlett a few years ago but never used. 48lbs of AA8700 equivalent. Guess tomorrow I'll try duplexing some rounds up that Nobade helped me out with.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Found a wooden crate in the back I'd forgotten I'd put there with over 20,000 primers in it. LPP, SPP, SRP etc. .
    Depending on who ya talk to, this primer shortage thing may just be a isolated, and local event.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Sharing information about explosives with random people on the internet, especially when you know they aren't US Citizens violates several Federal laws.
    Unless I’m reading it wrong, you seem to be correct in this statement.

ATF Federal Explosives Regs, Ch 40, Sec 842, paragraph (p): to paraphrase: “it’s unlawful to share information about how to make explosives”

From having to go through ITAR and Export Compliance training several times a year, due to my work involving Aerospace and Defense, I’m under a very reasonable assumption that sharing that kind of info is a bad idea, and especially with somebody who is a non-citizen. Even if nobody listens, good job in bringing up the point.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Depending on who ya talk to, this primer shortage thing may just be a isolated, and local event.
    Who you talking about, Willis?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I think you have to look deeper to see what is an explosive and what is a propellant according to atf. I'm not sure why they would care about sharing something like formulas for explosives when you can google just about anything you want.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorn97062 View Post
    Unless I’m reading it wrong, you seem to be correct in this statement.

ATF Federal Explosives Regs, Ch 40, Sec 842, paragraph (p): to paraphrase: “it’s unlawful to share information about how to make explosives”

From having to go through ITAR and Export Compliance training several times a year, due to my work involving Aerospace and Defense, I’m under a very reasonable assumption that sharing that kind of info is a bad idea, and especially with somebody who is a non-citizen. Even if nobody listens, good job in bringing up the point.
    Yup, you read it wrong.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I think you have to look deeper to see what is an explosive and what is a propellant according to atf. I'm not sure why they would care about sharing something like formulas for explosives when you can google just about anything you want.
    Not only not reading all of the entire law and the related ones, many don't even read the entire paragraph they quote. Which has this in it:

"with the intent that the teaching, demonstration, or information be used for, or in furtherance of, an activity that constitutes a Federal crime of violence; or"

There isn't really anything involved in making smokeless powders that hasn't been published. In this particular area of arms, the last thing the Fed courts have ruled is if it's been published already it can be passed on with the internet. I'm at a wizard and only ever came up with one new thing and that is in the field of primer compounds. When I seen the cost of the getting a patent the most I could hope for was somebody giving about what the patent cost as it costs 10's of millions of dollars to perfect to them commercial/military specs. So it put it into the public knowledge area including here on the this forum some years back.

I'm thinking of starting a thread on making it in the Special Projects area. But I'm still trying to decide if I should divert my time to do it. I've been laid up for the last few months and I'm way behind of things. But I'm getting my ducks in a row for a such a project.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516