RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snubby Revolvers: Obsolete?

Boolit Master
    The title is just a way to get people to watch the video. More people view the video the more money he makes.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    The title is just a way to get people to watch the video. More people view the video the more money he makes.
    Doubt Howard is making much if anything off his channel yet. The view count is still rather low. I think he just enjoys making the videos at this time?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    37 years old here.

Probably have more rounds through a single firearm than all of the posters combined here have on their lifetime. I still don't feel undergunned with a j frame.
    Really? I have holsters older than you.

Don

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy
    If I may clarify; I certainly choose video titles and thumbnail photos that will hopefully motivate people to watch my videos. Doing otherwise would be silly. I produce videos because I enjoy it, but more so for the discussion and interaction it affords me with other firearms enthusiasts. I post links to my videos on about half a dozen forums where the members seem to be interested in watching them, and I hope to inspire an enjoyable discourse (such as this one). Thanks again for all the great comments everyone!

Howard

Hi HR,

I for one, enjoy your videos. Please keep them coming.

Sincerely, Tom

Boolit Master
    No, snubbies are not obsolete. And I am not going to click on the click bait. I currently own about 6 and would like to add a couple of more when the prices settle back to normal.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull-Moose View Post
    I think they look awesome. And they shoot great at short range.
    I like them too. And I tend to stretch the range, a short barrel doesn't make a weapon inaccurate, just makes it harder to aim.

I often think people are using too big targets. Try claybirds on a berm @ 25 yds , for example.

Boolit Bub
    I'm thinkin' this is a rather silly question, try to buy one (especially) today - remember this date. I got the one I bought for my wife out and polished, cleaned, checked the C/T laser batteries and tried to assure it that nobody would be trying to confiscate it. This little Smith is great at what it was designed to do and they will be around a ling time. I liked it so much, I bought it's big brother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0002.jpg   DSC_0001.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I like snubbies in general, but also cut downs. The top is a Colt New Service in 45 LC, the lower is a S&W Hand Ejector in 32-20.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cut downs.jpg  
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Buddy
    I almost died laughing when you said "Only the Sith deal in absolutes"!

Only complaint is the volume was pretty low and I had a hard time hearing it at full volume.

I'm not so much of a revolver guy but my exwife had issues with the slide on an autoloader. So the gun you can sjppt and will carry is much better than the gun you won't.

Boolit Master

Put me down as a heretic...

The few revolvers I've shot, I've shot poorly. My first carry gun was a S&W 686 back in 1994. It was beautiful, accurate, reliable, and heavy as a pig and hard to shoot well fast.

I bought my ex-wife a S&W 642 that she shot poorly, I shot poorly, and I was not sad to see it go along with her and half my stuff.

I understand the merits of a snub-nose, but the glaringly obvious cons of such a pistol for CCW caused me to choose more wisely.

I carry a Sig P365 that is about the same size a J-Frame, yet has 12 rounds instead of 5, is slimmer, much more accurate, and much faster.

I am just not confident that the self-defense scenario that I am most likely to find myself in will fit in the narrow window of where a snub-nose would be as good or better than my current choice. Meaning, the single attacker, less than 10' away, trying to rob me scenario just doesn't exist in my area.

But the active shooter scenario with targets out to 25 yards away scenario has happened a couple of times over the past decade in my area. So I equip and train for what is more likely.

If you live in an area where there are lots of single-attacker muggings and robberies, then a snubby is probably just fine for you.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I just realised this m63 is my latest purchase.

Where I live it's all autos,revolver prices are all time low. Me likes.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick85 View Post
    I almost died laughing when you said "Only the Sith deal in absolutes"!

Only complaint is the volume was pretty low and I had a hard time hearing it at full volume.

I'm not so much of a revolver guy but my exwife had issues with the slide on an autoloader. So the gun you can sjppt and will carry is much better than the gun you won't.
    Ha, ha! The force will be with you, always.

Howard

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB915851-2DED-4B1E-A066-0B0A5BDB3C69.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	271181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58E8E928-61C0-4427-8422-2189C3937F25.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	271182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8EC5B33-45CF-4431-A430-42B6C151EA39.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	271183
    Snubbies are da bomb. Here’s a nice Official Police, a pair of K frame square butts and a rough M&P. I built the Fitz, it’s pitted up but has a super trigger. Got too many of them, but they gotta have that half moon front sight and a square butt.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 11-10-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	902FE7B0-1A83-4C32-B972-F870F5ED1BAD.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	271210
    Here’s one that Sherlock would have carried.

Now that's a fine lookin' piece!

Every new shooter ( almost all female including my millennial daughter) I have introduced to 38 revolvers including snubbies has walked away with confidence. Sure we started out with at least light wadcutters but eventually worked up to at least standard service ammo. It was always using a colt ( agent, cobra, det. Special, police positive special and official police) back when used service revolvers were traded in. And I know how to work on them. Confidence is everything and I have never used or heard them say obsolete or “old school” when they are putting the bullets where they want. 90% of the time they outshoot others with a small semi auto. One gal shoot her ruger LC9 very well though. We start with the target at 5 yards and move to 7 ( 21 feet). I never have them shoot single action initially. I do train them how to un cock a revolver though if they later try single action.

Romance book writers do the same with a group of women for ideas. Hope he keeps doing what he is doing. He puts his time and sometimes a lot of time into what he does. He speaks clearly and doesn’t talk down to newbies.

Boolit Mold
    snubbies will always be around. I carry one almost every day. i have six to choose from.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast