Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Nov. 4

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Nov. 4

Good morning. The message this morning is particularly relevant as we collectively hold our breath. Have a safe blessed day.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    All Authority Comes from God

“Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.”
    —Romans 13:1

God establishes governments. And those who are in power—presidents, vice presidents, senators and congressmen, governors, mayors, or whatever their roles are—have been placed there by God, whether you voted for them or not.

We’re living in politically charged times, with disagreements over so many issues. Yet God has put government in place. Romans 13:1 tells us, “Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God” (Romans 13:1 NLT).

When Paul wrote these words, he was living under Roman jurisdiction. Rome was running the known world for the most part, and Caesar Nero was in charge. Now, some Caesars were worse than others, but Nero was probably the worst of the lot when it came to persecuting the church.

Nero hunted down Christians. He executed them. He tortured them. He fed them to animals to entertain people in the Coliseum.

Yet Paul wrote, “Those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.” That’s pretty radical for Paul to say. I’ve had the opportunity to go to the White House and pray for the president on more than one occasion. And afterward, some people criticized me for it.

But why would I not want to pray for the leader of the free world and ask God to guide and direct him? I feel it’s my responsibility. I also think that when we isolate ourselves and allow ourselves to become so partisan in the way we view things, we’re not thinking like Christians.

Don’t think like a political pundit; think like a follower of Jesus Christ. We’re part of the kingdom of God. And as representatives of Jesus Christ, we should seek to influence everyone with the message of the gospel. That includes those who are in positions of power.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Amen!

Thank You.

Pine Barron, your daily "Thoughts and Meditation" has become my daily devotional, and my new go-to for kick starting my day.

I'd like to thank you for your time, wisdom, and positive Christian messages. You DO make a difference. jd

Boolit Master
    Thank you Pine Barron, this hits home especially now, since we don’t know who won the election. God is in control of this and what ever the out come, I will accept his will.

Boolit Master

Amen and thanks for a great lesson!

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone who has studied the Old Testament has no problem believing in the Sovereignty of God and His ability to manage politicians. We also have a strong understanding of His patience with the sinfulness of man.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!