Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Great day on the skeet field--EAGLES

Great day on the skeet field--EAGLES

Shooting skeet at the local gun club, I was up first, just as I was ready to call for the first bird, a pair of eagles started looping over the field.

Just lazy circles, riding the thermals about 150 feet in front of the field, about 200 feet up. Just loop after loop after loop, 100-200 foot diameter circles.

I pulled the gun down and we just stood there and watched them, the other skeet field went quiet too, guess they were watching just like us.

After a minute or two we started shooting, never bothered the eagles, they just slowly drifted away riding the thermals. If they flapped their wings more than 1 or twice a minute I'd be surprised.

We see them regularly at the gun club, not very often a pair in that close. A lot of singles swooping by. Must have been something in the weeds out further that looked like dinner to them.

Boolit Master
    Awesome birds, we see them on occasion. Same situation, we were shooting skeet and noticed them for the first time. They nest down on Duck River, 5 miles or so from the club.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master

Yup we have eagles and osprey around her frequently. Saw a young bald eagle the other day when we were at the Church, again just circling. He was still all black. Osprey's are silver under their wings.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!