Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: A deliciousness secret: Chipotle Peppers!

A deliciousness secret: Chipotle Peppers!

Here's a Latino Cooking Pro-Tip, at least, out of my pallet.

Chipotle Peppers can add tons of Pizzaz to otherwise blander cuts of meat and can greatly improve your meal quality for a bargain price!
    I think it works best on leaner meats, like pork, chicken, and turkey.

The most economical way to get Chipotle peppers is in a can. I've seen them in most Ethnic Food isles in the store's i've been to. Mostly, it's this brand, La Costena.
    Here's an amazon listing so you may have a better idea of the form factor.
    https://www.amazon.com/Costena-Chipo...s%2C207&sr=8-3

A 7oz can is plenty to transform a pot of slow cooked meat into some spicy goodness! Keep in mind that the canned chipotle peppers are usually whole, sometimes stemmed, or otherwise in large chunks.
    If you wish to shred them into a smoother consistency, you may try a food processor. However, most likely that processor is going to smell delicious for weeks, and that may not be welcome in your next smoothie. If you want something more universally applicable to your food, that's where the next item comes in.

There's also Diced Chipotle Pepper Sauce. It's got all of the deliciousness of the standard canned chipotle peppers, but more versatile in a pre-shredded form!
    You will be able to find it for a LOT better prices in your local grocery store than amazon, but this is a good method of showing you all the product itself.
    https://www.amazon.com/Costena-Chipo...%2C207&sr=8-1-

Now THIS is where the magic happens. You can drop a spoonful of this stuff to wake up things like Mac and Cheese, or anything else that suits your fancy. Since it's already smooth, you can introduce the sauce into anything without changing its consistency too much. If you're going to use more than two or three spoonfuls of the stuff, I'd say go for the canned Chipotle instead.

Anyone else have some good recipes that use canned Chipotle?

Boolit Master
    I dump a can into sour cream. Use as a dip, on baked potatoes, or whatever. Always in the cupboard.

Boolit Grand Master
    I refrigerate if I don't use them all.
    They keep well for several weeks. Freezing is an option as well. I pureed first.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    I used to make my own. Man they were good.
    The enemy of good is better.

Boolit Master

I'd but these on my........never mind! Everything is better with chipotle peppers! If you can find them dry use a coffee grinder, to grind them and other peppers up. Just keep that grinder separate from your coffee bean grinder, unless you like spicey hot coffe!

Boolit Buddy
    If you can get fresh jalapeños, core them (the hottest part are the seeds), put cheese inside and grill or put them in the oven, they are delicious. Thats a small chile relleno; if you can get poblanos (much bigger, not hot, again seeds are the hot part) put cheese and grounded meat inside them (thats a chile relleno).