MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: 50/50 mishap

50/50 mishap

So I was working on a batch of 50/50 alox paste wax. Outside on the hot plate thankfully. Well I melted my paste wax and added about 1.5 bottles of alox I had, for what I estimste is 50/50. I let it cool some and was ladling it into the empty alox bottles. Well one of my bottles was ballooned on the bottom from being microwaved a few years. I thought I would push it a bit while it was still hot and bend it back. Well like some other lee offerings, the bottle wasn't up to any "extra" and the bottom busted out of it and soaked me in the mix. Lost a good carhartt T shirt but the pants and boots survived okay. The rest of the batch went in the empty paste wax can.

Shame I didn't have a batch of bullets sorted and ready, I could have wrung my shirt out and lubed them.

Just wanted to share that little piece of happiness with y'all.

Boolit Master
    Well Bazoo as far as the boots, they now have a unique waterproof applied to them! Lol
    On a side note I once dropped a bunch of freshly tumble lubed boolets on the rug my German Shepherd would sleep on while she kept me company while I was reloading. Let me tell ya those boolets needed a shave and a haircut! I cleaned them up as best as I could and went ahead and loaded them. I had completely forgot what had happened until I took them to the local indoor pistol range and started shooting. That’s when the person 2 lanes away piped up and said the place smelled, kinda like someone was trying to roast a wet French poodle! I just laughed to myself and kept shooting! I soon had the range all to myself! Lol
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Well Bazoo as far as the boots, they now have a unique waterproof applied to them! Lol
    On a side note I once dropped a bunch of freshly tumble lubed boolets on the rug my German Shepherd would sleep on while she kept me company while I was reloading. Let me tell ya those boolets needed a shave and a haircut! I cleaned them up as best as I could and went ahead and loaded them. I had completely forgot what had happened until I took them to the local indoor pistol range and started shooting. That’s when the person 2 lanes away piped up and said the place smelled, kinda like someone was trying to roast a wet French poodle! I just laughed to myself and kept shooting! I soon had the range all to myself! Lol
    Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like my first experience pan lubing ... except it was in the kitchen .
    Do you know how hard it is to get boolit lube off a linoleum floor and a big dog !

My wife gave me the money for a Lyman 450 lube-sizer and said "keep it out of my kitchen" .

I love that Lyman 450 ...and the wife's OK too... I still got both of them !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post

Hahaha...that's hysterical.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

I've had one of the Lee 4 oz plastic containers fail for me as well.
    Now, all my tumble lube mixes go into glass pint canning jars.
    I throw the plastic Lee containers away, once they are emptied for the first time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001