Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: .41 Ruger Blackhawk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan in Vermont View Post
    That's a "New Model" Blackhawk. Since 1973, IIRC, all Blackhawk variants have been "New Models", with the transfer bar innards and only two screws through the frame.
    While I have and do own old model Ruger's and New Model's, the old being referred to as "3 screw" because of the 3 screws visible in the frame, but, new models now being a "2 screw"?
    Ironically I had a new model apart the other day, mine have pins, not screws. Has Ruger changed this or have there been a few that came from the factory like this? I do know you can buy "pins" that have a screw slot in them to make it "look" like a screw, but its still a pin. Now, an honest to goodness "2 screw" Ruger? I bet these are "Rare indeed"!
    Crash87
    "An art, to supply a truthful response to someones nagging, busy bodied question(s) such that the person feels as though their question has been answered, but yet, do not understand the answer and are unable to provide a follow up question to gain clarification for fear of appearing to be a dumb ***, when basically having to repeat the question

"LIBERALS ARE ALOT LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."

Picked up a 4 5/8 barrel new model Blackhawk the other day at a pawn shop. Throats are dead on at .410. 1.5 inch groups with Lyman 410459 at 25 yards pushed with heavy load of 2400. Very happy. Think I like the weight of the gun with the aluminum grip frame. It will be my deer hunting revolver this year. I always carry even when I have rifle so if one comes in pistol range I can take it.

Boolit Master
    Our local Outdoors Trader has something I've never seen, a 657 .41 Mag Mountain Gun. If components were not so scarce I might be interested. GF

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Our local Outdoors Trader has something I've never seen, a 657 .41 Mag Mountain Gun. If components were not so scarce I might be interested. GF
    Heck, if it's something that you would want, get it. Components will come back. (eventually)
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Boolit Master
    crash,, many folks mis-identify the New Model Ruger SA's that use 2 pins as a "2 screw" model. As an OM Ruger collector,, where the action works use 3 screws,, I've heard that said before. And the New Models,, yes,, do use a 2 pin system for the internals.

But, as noted,, the .41 Mag is an unsung hero in many folks' eyes. It's a sweet caliber that just "fits" in a SA design.

Boolit Master
    Gray Fox..don't know how much the shop wants for the gun but if reasonable I wouldn't not buy it just because components are in short supply... Starline has .41 Special brass in stock that makes great target loads and can be run at basically any pressure you want to load as all the guns are made to take Magnum pressures...

As rare as that gun is you may not ever see another one in person...how much are they asking for it??

Bob

Boolit Buddy
    i bought a 41 bh in 4 5/8ths to take to alaska in 1976, sweet gun. i shot 4 black bears with it as the air base game warden, none needed a second shot. (cast 410459) i loved it so much i bought a 14in contender when i got back. a few years later a 8 3/8ths smith (nickel) m57 came along and it had a lot of use in handgun silhouette in the dakotas. love them ? YES I DO ! .41 mag is always the right answer. i own a 10 in 44mag contender, and a 44 mag blackhawk as well, but they remain safe queens.

Had to read all these post to see if anyone mentioned the companion gun....a Marlin 1894 in 41 mag. My neighbor had one for sale a few years ago. Thought about it as I had the 44 and 357 but opted out. The Marlin 1894 makes shooting these magnum handgun rounds a fun plinking experience.

Boolit Master
    Those Marlins are selling for north of $1500...the few that come up for sale that is.

Henry has a 16.5" and 20" available but finding one of those right now is hard also....

Boolit Master
    i have a 4 5/8 and a 16.5" Henry .41 - these are my bottom hunting guns. Keiths in the revolver and cast cup points in the Henry

Boolit Mold
    I once owned a s&w 6” nickel 41 mag, was probably the most accurate non custom revolver I have ever owned. Foolishly sold it. Years later, bought a Ruger BH, 41, sent it off to be my first custom. Came back round butted, 4-5/8” octagon barreled, hard chromed, with a SBH hammer and Bowen sight. One of my “go-to” guns when I think things might get “western”. (As in you might need the one in your hand when you might get chewed if things don’t go just right. I don’t know how accurate it really is, because at 63, I’m not as sharp as I once was, but this thing is scary accurate. Don’t believe the nay sayers. 41”s will get ready done. I have several customs in different calibers, but this one is one of the top few.

Boolit Master
    Buy that gun! You'll be able to get components but if you wait that gun will be gone. You won't regret it.

Dick

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I saw that one too on the ODT. I’ve got a blues one but didn’t want to put up the $$$ currently

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot View Post
    Buy that gun! You'll be able to get components but if you wait that gun will be gone. You won't regret it.

Dick
    It sold. Not sure of final buy price but was listed for $1450

I had time to kill between the grand kids ball games yesterday. I found a scope version RedHawk with Leopold glass, 400 rds, on consignment. I told the owner if the dies come with it too I would take it. Now the 10 day CA wait.
    Last edited by Pablo 5959; 03-06-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Banner Sponsor

41 Redhawk Hunter? Did it come with unicorn horn grip panels?

Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    41 Redhawk Hunter? Did it come with unicorn horn grip panels?
    Sorry about that, I fix it.

Boolit Master
    Pablo,, KUDOS on finding a Redhawk in 41 Mag. It's the only caliber of Redhawk I need now.

Boolit Master
    Not often seen gun... Had one in .44 Magnum and later a 5" stainless Redhawk but never did get a .41 Redhawk with the machined barrel for the rings...

Well it’s been so long that I’ve used my photo sharing app it won’t let me login to share a pic. But I picked up the RedHawk on Wednesday from my LGS. 400 rds of ammunition and a set of die’s.
    I’m still looking for brass, so if anyone has any collecting dust, I would like to buy. Thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast