WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Oct. 30

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Oct. 30

Good morning all. Happy almost weekend. I do believe at this point in time, we are in the fish's belly, we need to come to our collective senses. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, October 30, 2020 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    How Spiritual Awakening Begins

“Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the fish’s belly.”
    —Jonah 2:1

The belly of a sea creature is a very interesting place to experience revival. But it’s where Jonah came to his senses and cried out to the Lord.

Then, after the fish vomited him onto dry land, he went to Nineveh and delivered the message that God gave him.

Initially we might think that message wasn’t a very hopeful one: “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!” (Jonah 3:4 NKJV). But I think it was pretty hopeful. They had 40 days to think about it, 40 days to consider their lifestyles, and 40 days to get right with God.

As a result, the people of Nineveh believed God’s warning and repented. Verse 10 of Jonah 3 says, “Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it” (NKJV).

I wonder if God is giving the United States of America an opportunity to repent right now? I think He is.

However, one of the reasons that revival came through Jonah was because he experienced personal revival. Revival started with Jonah. You see, nothing can happen through you until it has first happened to you. You can’t take someone any further than you yourself have gone.

To reach our generation, we need to preach the gospel. Paul wrote, “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14 NKJV).

As we see the breakdown of the family and so many bad things happening in our nation today, I think only a spiritual awakening can turn the United States of America around.

We need to pray for that. God can do it. He’s done it before, and He can do it again.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen to the above - & Thanks for the Scripture and word this morning - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    GOOD message ! So many expect our Lord to just 'fix' our country . We are his hands and voice in so many ways !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Lord Jesus, help my hands to do your work today, and my voice to speak your words. Amen. jd

Boolit Master

Amen, We are the starting point of repentance!

#1 great message.

#2 I agree with your conclusions about the Lord wanting the USA to repent.

#3 As I see it those who really need to repent are not interested.
    Do you think preaching the Gospel to Biden or Hillary or Pelosi would change anything?

#4 once it gets bad enough they may start to listen.

#5 I could be way off base here.

I do believe this country still has a lot of God loving, God fearing people in it yet.
    But I feel the doom approaching, it feels like it is almost ready to hit. Frankly it scares the living crap out of me.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Keep in mind. Even Jonah spent 3 days in the belly of the fish before he finally relented and prayed to God....3 days...
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.