Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 25-20 OAL. in a 92 Win.

25-20 OAL. in a 92 Win.

A friend is bringing his 92 Win. in 25-20. I picked up a vintage Winchester marked mold for 25-20. It’s a 86 grain FP. With my brass at 1.32 or less ( recommended trim length) this bullet is pushing 1.6-1.61 crimped in the last lube groove. Lyman says 1.592 MOAL. Any 92 owners out there? If I need to do it, I will crimp past the lube groove. This bullet casts .258-.259 so it will probably have plenty of tension to not push deeper.

I suppose it will be prudent to wait until his rifle is here to see if longer bullets will feed before loading 100 of them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post

I suppose it will be prudent to wait until his rifle is here to see if longer bullets will feed before loading 100 of them.
    yes!!!

Boolit Master
    I believe that I would cycle a few before going all out loading. My cast is 85 +/-gr at 1.591", jacketed 86 gr at 1.595".

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Pick several random rounds, load & cycle one at a time cause you don't want but one in there if it jams. Don't ask how I know. It is one of my favorite calibers and guns. I have two in its big brother caliber 32-20.
    Enjoy

Bob

I've used 1.605" LOA with Lyman's 257420 Gc with no problems in my Winchester Model 65, nor with my son's Winchester Model 92 carbine. HTH's Rod
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfac View Post
    I've used 1.605" LOA with Lyman's 257420 Gc with no problems in my Winchester Model 65, nor with my son's Winchester Model 92 carbine. HTH's Rod
    Thanks Rod. You live really close to me. Are you a member at any local ranges?

Success

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8C3658D-DAF6-4072-B317-32F9425B1326.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	271565Yep, an old mold from Winchester that is about 1.605 OAL works fine. We had to drop down to 4 grains unique to get this group at 25 yards. The actual group is a 6 o’clock vertical group.

Sorry for the late reply, SMKummer...I'm down in Oldham county, near La Grange, retired on a small farm. We shoot for the most part in our side meadow where I've set up a 100 yd range with a small berm. Haven't been to a public range in 35 years. My son owns the farm next to us, with another 75 acres and shoots with me. Best Regards, Rod
    Rod