Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Doughnut!!

Boolit Master

Growing up in Louisville my cousin and I would walk to school just so we could stop by Iroquois Bakery and get a couple of doughnuts. They had the best stuff cookies, cakes made to order. It was a nice little independent shop. Later one of my friends in high school worked there on the weekends.

Moderator Emeritus

Maple bacon donut at a Helena MT grocery store. As a friend said "You eat one and it makes you want to leap tall buildings in a single bound".
    Their Key Lime is a close second.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    I never liked dunkin doughnuts.
    To me they were fast food doughnuts.
    Not much taste.

Vendor Sponsor

Without a doubt the pork BBQ/Bacon Doughnut I make
    covers all 3 food groups and is delish
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Bosa Donuts in Arizona. Dunkin' Donuts is right across the street & we never go there! YUCK.

Or Krispy Kreme in a pinch...................if I can even find a franchise that bakes/sells them anymore. Most went bankrupt here a few years ago.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Mine. I made home made apple fritters for the first time last week. Took the recipe off YouTube. It didn’t tell how much ingredients to use so I winged it! They lasted 5 minutes between three people. I used the first 6 apples that finally grew from my apple tree I started from a seed...

The glaze I used was from the butter and apple juice left from when I cooked the apples in a pan so they weren’t as crunchy. I added powdered sugar and a little apple juice to it till it was thick. The fritters in the back got to dark on top so pulled off the dark crust abs added glaze. The dark crust tasted good so I won’t pull it off if it happens again.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 10-29-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Krispy Kreme
    hot freshly glazed
    one dozen
    all to myself with cold milk ...

The beauty of this ... any Krispy Kreme shop , in any state , in any city ...and they are still in business !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Honestly, the best donuts are the ones on the breakroom table when we come in in the morning. We take turns bringing them in, some are better than others but I can't recall having a bad donut. Once though, when I was newly assigned to Japan, the wife and I went out the gate to look around. We found a Dunkin donuts, which surprised us so we decided to get a coffee and donuts. Of course, we had to point to order, which went smoothly. But when I bit into my "donut" I didn't get what I expected. Instead of a sweet pastry I got a mouthful of shrimp. It was good, but unexpected.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Krispy Kreme
    hot freshly glazed
    one dozen
    all to myself with cold milk ...

The beauty of this ... any Krispy Kreme shop , in any state , in any city ...and they are still in business !
    Gary
    My wife and I have a running joke,,
    We ALWAYS say that if the HOT AND READY light is on when we pass the store, we will stop and buy the donuts,,
    BUT, we know what hours the HOT AND READY are available,, and we avoid the area of the store like the plague during those hours!!

If we are near during those hours, we will even drive a longer distance to avoid the store.

This has been a half dozen, or more year running joke!!

We have to work hard to resist Krispy Kremes,,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    I have found Krispy Kreme doughnuts to be the most efficient and tasty sugar delivery system on the planet.

This! Light and airy with lots of sweetness. Great when room temperature, but out of this world while still hot from the fryer.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

If you are on your way East or West through the St. Louis area, look for Mile Post 217 on Interstate 70. Take the south bound exit of Brian Road and go about 2to 3 miles. Keep an eye out on the west side of the street for a nice building that says Heaven Sent Dounuts. They got every kind of pastry known to man!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Love's doughnuts in Tonkawa, OK was the best doughnuts and the best fried cinnamon rolls ever.

Boolit Bub
    Britts donuts in Carolina Beach NC!! It’s not just the donuts, I think the near ice cold milk they serve with them makes for an experience. It’s tucked in the old board walk. Absolutely delicious!

Boolit Master
    These - eat your hearts out.

https://roundrockdonuts.com/
    EDG

Boolit Master

SLOCO Doughnuts in San Luis Obispo, CA. They come out very fresh as they sell really fast! They have a gazillion different types, their apple fritters are second to none. They also make vegan & gluten free doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gmsharps View Post
    The Moose is Loose was by far the best donut I've ever had. They also made the best cinnamon roll. A shop in Canada along the Alaskan highway boasted that they were the best cinnamon roll and they were good but no where close to the Moose is Loose. It's a shame that some folks when they are ready to retire can't find someone with a like mind and abilities to take over a great shop. Now the quest of who makes the second best donut.

gmsharps
    Agreed, they retired do to health reasons i believe . I think the story i heard was that there was a Doctor in the market to purchase it , but i believe that deal fell through when he went to jail ..... i think that's how the story went lol . I really loved their Apple Fritters ....mmmhhh!!

Boolit Grand Master

Lipart's Bakey in Prospect Park, PA. Burned to the ground in the 70's, but man they made good stuff.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Chichester Country Store in Chichester, New Hampshire.

"APPLE CIDER DONUTS, NH MAPLE-FROSTED"

Forgot to mention yesterday, really really good doughnuts at Jim and Connie's Bakery in Blair Nebr.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master
    Round Rock Donuts in you guessed it Round Rock, TX.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast