RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: CZ70 ejector issue, maybe barrel pin wear?

Boolit Master

CZ70 ejector issue, maybe barrel pin wear?

I have had this CZ70 for a couple of years and really like it, but it is doing something odd. When firing the ejector will pop up and in, hitting the face of slide and stopping the gun as it would when the mag is empty. It is not exactly like an empty as the ejector moves in, not just up. Pulling back on the slide releases it for the next round with a similar result.
    Note: this has also been posted to the CZ USA forums, but there is a lot of knowledge here.. So posted here as well.

I have found that I can tap the barrel pin with a punch a couple of times, backed up by a wood block, and reassemble and it is good for a few rounds. There seems to be some side to side play at the business end of the ejector, this is improved by driving the barrel pin in very tight.

My question... is the barrel pin worn in the head area, would the ejector be worn out and would the spring on the barrel end of the ejector/slide stop cause this issue? I do not think the latter would be the issue. Maybe restakeing the barrel pin would solve the issue, but not sure how to go about that process.

I can find ejectors, but I cannot find the barrel pin.

Opinions?

Thanks Matt

The pin should never shoot loose. I would make a new slightly larger pin from a metric or inch drill bit cut off.
    Since it "shoots loose" I do not think it would stay in place using Loc-Tite or similar product.
    I carry a CZ 70 and my wife a CZ 50 and we shoot them a lot. I have modified both pistols for a lighter trigger pull,other than that they are dead stock.

Boolit Master

The problem is that the pin has a head that retains the ejector and provides it a pivot point. The old pin appears staked as well. I do not have machine tools either, so it would be very difficult to "turn" one true. I am considering staking it with a center punch, almost looks like how it was done from the factory.

I have watched videos on the spring mods for a better double action trigger, aside from that what did you do? I have not had the trigger group apart yet, so I am not aware of what may be able to be stoned to help it out. SA on mine is pretty darn good, but the serrated trigger will cut my finger tip when shooting in DA. I would not like cocked and locked on this model because the safety action is opposite what I expect from a US firearm.