PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cooking equipment reviews

Moderator Emeritus

An 8" teflon coated Tfal pan is my egg pan. Only gets used for eggs.

I will always have a coated nonstick pan but I find them to be expensive and they just don't last very long. They only get used when I absolutely must use a non-stick pan. What I use for everyday use are "black steel" pans. They are as non-stick or more non stick than teflon, but they can't be used when the cooking calls for having liquid in the pan for any length of time. That will remove the seasoning that must be there for them to be non-stick.

There are fancy and expensive versions, but I prefer the more restaurant quality sort found below. They have completely removed cast iron from my kitchen. Correction: I still have a CI griddle in the kitchen.

https://matferbourgeatusa.com/produc...ack-steel-pan/

Boolit Master
    I'll vouch for the carbon steel "I've got the same ones" and cast iron. I ditched the nonstick pans years ago.

Boolit Grand Master

Made In USA ...manual can opener .
    That's the name ... Made In USA and it's a Five Star Winner .
    Built like a Sherman Tank , smooth , sharp , easy to open cans with .
    Well made , well finished , cushioned gripping handles ... Sharp Cutters !!!
    Even my wife , who has a lot of hand strength issues , can open cans with this bad boy ... and that's saying a LOT . The opener is made in the USA ( NOT China) and I absolutely Love it !
    I've been opening cans at every opprotunity because it's so easy and fun to use .
    Tired of China Junk ... Buy Made In USA ...made in America by Americans and Made like it supposed to be made !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Lodge- Kickoff Grill

In need of a small portable charcoal grill? I bought one of these and is an excellent grill for two people. You do need a charcoal chimney, to start the fire, and a dome cover helps boost the heat. This cast iron grill is American made and with minimal care should last a life time.

Lodge. Kickoff Grill

It is getting warm, time to clean up the Big Green Egg and get it ready for the cooking season. We did a good bit of entertaining in the prior house, so I got an Extra Large BGE plus the cast iron grills for it. When it comes on temperature, that thing will turn out some meat for a gathering. Today we use it for family gatherings.
    One of the side benefits of owning a tree farm is I can stand in one spot and count 40 pecan trees. Pecan is of the hickory family, a bit lighter in taste, but very nice.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Just bought the Black and Decker 32 oz citrus juicer, decent price, dishwasher safe parts, and 2 inserts. One for lemons, limes, small oranges, larger one that fits over the small one for large oranges and grapefruit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Currently 19.99. Push a piece of fruit onto it and it starts. Lift off and it stops.

Also it has an adjustable pulp control filter lets you adjust from virtually none to almost all. Also catch's seeds.

Slice a lemon in half, your juicing in seconds. Less than 2 minutes to rinse and reassemble.
    Have no connection with the company but I like mine, wanted to pass it on.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    I got one of those Instant pot just to try.
    Got it cheap on craigs list.
    Get lots of stuff off of there.
    It's a pressure cooker.
    So far it's great.
    So far I've made pork chops, corned beef and cabbage, hamburger curry, different soups, pork ribs, beef ribs.......
    So fast and easy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I got one of those Instant pot just to try.
    Got it cheap on craigs list.
    Get lots of stuff off of there.
    It's a pressure cooker.
    So far it's great.
    So far I've made pork chops, corned beef and cabbage, hamburger curry, different soups, pork ribs, beef ribs.......
    So fast and easy.
    We are on our 2nd Instant Pot. Had two problems with the first. Second problem couldn't be fixed so they replaced it. You've already done more with yours than I have. Wife has a tender stomach so I have to keep everything very bland.
    John
    W.TN

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234