RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrosive ammo shoots better than today's ammo.

The Yugo ammo featured above shot best of all the corrosive primed 8x57mm ammo I've tried over the years. But the 1970's FNM non corrosive 8x57mm ammo from Portugal was better in my Danzig 98, Egyptian Hakim, BRNO/ E.R.Shaw, and Tikka T3 8x57mm rifles.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Something to consider is that some surplus uses a 197 grain bullet and some might be a 150 grain flat base . Comparing that to commercial and not knowing what the surplus bullet weight is Leave you with "what does the rifle shoot best" . That doesn't really answer the question "are corrosive primers more accurate"

Maybe pull down some corrosive ammo and load it back with known powder and bullet and do the same with modern primers .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Grand Master
    I have some Yugoslavian M-80 ball ammo that clocks near to 3100fps IIRC. Corrosive, but accurate as anything,usually giving sub. 1" groups @100 in about any gun I have used it (except for my xp100)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The Yugo ammo featured above shot best of all the corrosive primed 8x57mm ammo I've tried over the years. But the 1970's FNM non corrosive 8x57mm ammo from Portugal was better in my Danzig 98, Egyptian Hakim, BRNO/ E.R.Shaw, and Tikka T3 8x57mm rifles.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    My Hakim and Hakim's I owned in the past used to love that Portuguese 8mm. It was funny because I would have lots of duds when using them in my 98 Mausers, but I would save them and run them in the Hakim, and they would all go off. I was looking for one of those T3's you mention in 8mm but they have been discontinued from what I see.

Boolit Master

The best and most accurate ammo I ever got my hands on was a stash of FA NM 36 that came from a National Guard marksmanship unit a long time ago. I assumed it was corrosive and cleaned my rifle accordingly. Don't know if it really was corrosive primed or not, but it shot lights out in a star gauged 1903.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12