Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: willpower

Boolit Master

willpower

I swore that I had plenty of guns and would not buy anymore, then I made the mistake of stopping by the lgs to chat. a lady had just brought all her deceased husbands guns in to consign. now I own a few more guns, nice ported s&w 357 and a browning high power 9mm, still thinking about the 44-40 but the shop owner really wants it for his collection. background check is 2 days wait currently so I got a little time to try and develop some willpower on the rest of the pistols, she is bringing a load of long rifles in this week so it could be rough.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Nice score. Hopefully you already have molds for those calibers and can save a few $$ on the back end.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My Dad used to tell me what I needed was "won't power".
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I always ask myself;
    "Will I regret NOT buying XYZ?"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    I always ask myself;
    "Will I regret NOT buying XYZ?"
    That is perhaps the more important question.

Boolit Grand Master
    Its the "Won't Power" I need too. I won't buy this or I won't eat that!!!

Banned

Colorado has a waiting period for gun purchases?

Boolit Buddy
    Grandpa always said, "Guns are for buying, not for selling."

Boolit Master
    It's just taking CBI that long to process the backlog.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Colorado has a waiting period for gun purchases?
    no rules on wait time, its just the system is backlogged and I have to wait in line to be cleared
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

I had been doing better on the willpower side until I let my daughter talk me out of my old Heritage Rough Rider in .22lr/.22mag.

Seems like every day that went by with it gone just bugged me.

Eventually I got notified by Budsgunshop that they had them back in stock, and with the adjustable sights also.
    So yes I sprung for a new one with the adjustable sights. I have to admit, it shoots .22lr better than the old one ever did.
    And the .22mags were 5 shots inside a 2" circle at 20 feet. That is good enough for me.

And I love the sights, orange plastic front and twin green rear dots. Line em all up and put em right below the bullseye center and that is where the bullets go. Got to love it when it works. Great fit and finish for a cheap gun.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Rancher1913,

"I swore that I had plenty of guns and would not buy anymore". Hahahaha! Friend, I'm right there with ya'. If I have happen to be in the right place at the right time, if a pre lock S&W, a Browning High Power, 1911, or the right for me Ruger single action falls into my lap for a ridiculously low price? I'm going to relapse sure as I'm sitting here.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

LOL, guess my “ will power” is pretty good. Sat at old friends table at our gun show last weekend. He just got a really nice old Ithaca double barrel, hard to pick it up but when shouldered , stock was about 2-3 inches short, the only reason I didn’t buy it..
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    We can always resist anything except temptation.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

I can't help you . I swore I was not going to buy a Ruger Wrangler , didn't need another handgun ... didn't need another 22 LR , didn't need a short barreled SA cowboy revolver ... I was not going to get one ...no way ... until ... the Cabela's salesman said ... we got three in yesterday ... and laid a black , a silver and a bronze Wrangler on the counter... I had $80.00 in gift cards in my pocket and the price was $199.00 ... I caved in so fast it was pathetic ... 30 mins later I'm walking out the door with a black Wrangler .
    Just do the best you can ... but sometimes a deal comes along ... and you're in the right place with the right money ... go for it !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

gwpercle,

As our old Louisiana friend would say, "My fran, you ain't helpin' some none uh tall".

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I like to think my Will power is top notch , I've always wanted a Shiloh Sharps ...... but I'll never pay them that much for a rifle , end of story , never gonna happen ................. So i had my wife call and pay for it , man that thing shoots sweet !!!! lol

Boolit Master

Yah, WILLPOWER, the ability to control yourself, according to Merriam Webster. I got willpower, "I will buy that , fill in the blank.I got so much stuff I ended up with in trades and dealing, it ain't funny. Oh Well.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.