iPad photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E1FB366-B573-4611-B0B8-4176F3CAA454.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	270202

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Well what do I know? It worked. Just a quick photo of my shop for a test. If I knew it would work, I would have cleaned things up a bit.

Boolit Master
    Looks like a real man cave, very nice

Boolit Grand Master

Lol! When you say you’re going down to the bunker, you’re actually going down to the bunker.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E1FB366-B573-4611-B0B8-4176F3CAA454.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	270202
    Well, I'm jealous! And what do you mean "cleaned up?" I can see floor and bench space. Looks pretty clean to me. There's even a chair you can sit on without moving anything. What else could you want? I can walk into both ends of my workshop, but not from one end to the other, for now. Got freezing rain here today, so not getting a lot done about moving stuff out so I can fix that problem, either. Yucky weather.

Wouldn't have an ipad if it was free, but it did do a good (maybe even great) photo. My new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 2019 has an 8MP rear camera, 2MP front camera(will probably never get used) and that's OK, but I have a stand-alone Kodak Pixpro AZ251 16MP camera for serious photography. Want, but will likely never get one of the Canon EOS digital SLR camera. May one of these days get my Canon A1 35mm camera fixed, and have an EOS Elan 7 35mm SLR that could go back to work today if I needed it. I'm trying not to buy any more cameras, or lenses, these days. At one time, I had a 16mm Minox, several relatively high end 110 cameras, and up to 8x10 view camera. 14 or 15 in all, and a professional lighting kit. That, of course, was long, long ago, and far, far away, in another universe. I think I may still have a couple of the tripods here somewhere, but when I decided I needed one for my chronograph, I had to buy it from Amazon. Thanks to digital photography, and inkjet printers, I don't have to try and shoehorn a darkroom in this place. Something to be grateful for.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My son gave me this iPad almost three years ago. It’s the first tablet I’ve had. Now I can’t live without it. I take it everywhere. The one big advantage for me with the Apple system, is that I can send messages when I don’t have a cell signal, including inside my house. The iPad works with the WiFi just fine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    My son gave me this iPad almost three years ago. It’s the first tablet I’ve had. Now I can’t live without it. I take it everywhere. The one big advantage for me with the Apple system, is that I can send messages when I don’t have a cell signal, including inside my house. The iPad works with the WiFi just fine.
    You can do that with an android tablet, too, you just have to install another app. My objection to Apple is more philosophical. They actually disable stuff that's too old. Not fond of microsoft either, for the same reason. My old tablets still work, they just don't have enough storage and memory anymore. Except the ones I destroyed, anyway. Dropped the next most recent one, a Lenovo, out the truck door one dark rainy night without noticing. Bounced off my safety-toed boot under the truck. Drove over it when I left work in the still dark rainy early morning after shift change last winter. Still have it, but it was cheaper to replace than fix, and it was limited to 128gb microsd, where the new one takes a 512gb microsd. I have about 11,000 books of fiction, and a bit over 400gb of technical material on my various hobbies on it. Actual space is 464 gb on the card, 24gb free memory on the tablet memory. Screen is about 4x the size of my android phone screen.

As long as the tool will do the job, doesn't really matter who made it. I can wait anywhere and have plenty to do while I wait.

BTW, I don't have that particular app anymore because the phone can do wifi just as well as the tablet. It just doesn't have the screen real estate the tablet does. And these days, I take SWMBO where she needs to go.