Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrambled eggs

Banned

little milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mine get cheese. I rarely eat any egg without cheese on it.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck1 View Post
    I can't say I expected a different reaction ... I didn't .

But I will say that you should try them my way at least once .
    You don't know what your missing .

Redneck1, I don't think anyone meant any offense to you. My Mother fixed them that way, so you know that's sacred.

A I like my eggs DONE.

B I prefer to mix my eggs with other ingredients. At which point I call it egg hash.

C Best, 1 or 2 cold boiled potatatoes, dice 1/2" cubes or smaller.
    Thick sliced bacon sliced into 1/2" pieces. 2 or 3 baby portabella mushrooms sliced 3 times one way and many times the other.
    Love them for their fresh earthy flavor.

Agree on the butter. Saute till potatoes and bacon are crispy and shrooms show some brown.

This is the one place I seperate from the herd. I buy eggbeaters lower chloresteral eggs in a box.
    Pour a thin layer over all the nicely sauted'ed stuff in the pan, mix well. About the time the bottom is turning light golden flip the whole works and cook on the other side a minute or two so all eggs are FIRM not runny, or glistening wet.

Now that's breakfast.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I used to cook breakfast for my employees and customers every year around Christmas time. I used to crack the eggs in a bowl, add some milk and stir them up well and dump them on the grill. I'd stir/chop/mix till no longer runny. The wife of one of my employees asked if I'd cook hers cracked on the grill and just break the yolk. No stir and chop, just break the yolk and flip them once. That has become my favorite way to cook a scrambled egg.

Boolit Bub
    I can't stand my eggs over cooked. I like em a bit wet and creamy. Honestly, I've tried the way old Gordon Ramsey makes em, and I'm a huge fan.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pinger87 View Post
    I can't stand my eggs over cooked. I like em a bit wet and creamy. Honestly, I've tried the way old Gordon Ramsey makes em, and I'm a huge fan.
    I'm with you. Soft, maybe even a little runny. Dry, hard cooked scrambled eggs are not for me. My fried eggs are easy side up, like steak--knock the hooves and horns off, kill the moo and throw it on the plate!

I had around 8 poached and mixed with bread pieces, salt and pepper, today. Other way is in CI pan in oven with meat, etc etc. This really works

Boolit Master
    I make my eggs just like the first post. Exactly the same. I hate over cooked scrambled eggs

Boolit Master
    Cheese please. Always add a sprinkling of sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
    Heavy on the black pepper.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

To me NONE are wrong if its what ya like.

But I agree and do mine same as redneck1 outlines. One thing I change is FARM or your own eggs. NOT THE WEEKS OLD STORE EGGS!! Look around you will see "Eggs for sale" signs on mail boxes!

For my the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY is not to over cook. They change SO MUCH in taste and quality.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I cook my scramble as described above as 'egg hash' in a non stick pan. I don't use butter, usually just grease from sausage or chopped bacon. Chopped potatoes are mostly pre cooked in the microwave and finished with the sausage or bacon, chopped onion, and seasoned as I finish the potatoes in the pan. Eggs are cracked into the pan and stirred into the potatoes and sausage or bacon.

Another guy above did his eggs in the microwave and I sometimes do as well. My favorite way was in a particular plastic container that went in my lunch box. Many other things were cooked in that container as well such as poor boy Spanish Rice, but that's another story. The office favorite was breakfast sandwiches where I would make enough for my Sergeant and his 3 Officers. Being the LT, I had to take care of my crew. Anyway, egg was scrambled with some salsa and cheese and placed on a bun with Canadian Bacon, trick was 3 minutes at 30% power. Never had an egg steam pop in the microwave.

I really blew their minds when I hard boiled an egg in the microwave and made an egg salad sandwich or a deviled egg. I only told them how I did it when they asked. One of the officers was a good friend (really all of them) but he and I were friends before I made SGT and LT. Anyway, my friend asked that I make some more deviled eggs but mix his home made pepper sauce made from Carolina Reaper peppers. It was fantastic, we put it on everything! I retired 3 years ago, miss those folks, we were tight.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    Lately, my wife's been wanting me to cook them Gordon Ramsay style. And I've been willing to oblige.

Boolit Master
    These all sound great. I used to eat a dozen or 2 eggs a week for a couple years.....until I had an episode that requires 3 stents. Now don't eat a dozen a month. Hoping the oatmeal will keep me shooting for a couple more decades. I do miss the eggs.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    i like a little milk in mine, then covered smothered and chunked.then may or may not have a little ketchup with them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12