Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: A review on Hornady Pa conical bullets.

Boolit Master

A review on Hornady Pa conical bullets.

I bought these awhile ago. They are made for 1.66 twist barrels. I also wanted to know if they will shoot in faster twist barrels. Such as inline ones. I contacted Hornady about it. They said yes. So i ordered them. Figured if they don't work for my inline. They will be fine for my flintlock. Today i shot them in my CVA wolf. Right on the money. I had about a 2-3 inch group all close to the bullseye. Much cheaper than power-belts. And no patches needed. So now i can shoot my BP rifles for less cost per round.
    50 of them for 18 bucks is not bad. And where i get my BP supplies always has shipping deals.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/horna...ead-h6617.html
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I haven't used Hornady's, used one called a 'Ball-et' until I couldn't find them any more. I shot them in 1 in 66 and 1 in 48 barrels, very successfully. I have used 50 cal. ribs, REALs, and buffalo bullets on Whitetails, generally at short range. I think they are an excellent compromise between a rb and heavy conical. Tom

Have a buddy that shoots them all the time in a 1:48 he does quite well out to 100 yds with them on deer . If I ever see a box for sale locally I might give them a try one day . Still not a real fan of conicals in a deep groove round ball barrel regardless the twist maybe those hollow base ballets would work better (shrug)
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm going to see about using them in my late model NEF Huntsman which does well with the Lee 250 grain REAL boolit. Anybody ever try these with T7?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Bub
    The Hornady PA conical is very much like the old Buffalo Ball-et. The Buffalo ball-et originally was a .50 caliber 245 grain conical, but later Buffalo Bullets made different weights and caliber. Ron Dahlitz the owner of Buffalo Bullets passed away in 2015. I knew Ron and his son from the industry. I had very good luck shooting the ball-et's from my old T/C .50 caliber Hawken. It was a meat maker.

Boolit Master

I just ordered a box for my neighbor and i. They are in stock for now if anyone needs some.
    https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/horna...ead-h6617.html
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks, I'm going to order some on payday.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Your welcome. They ship quick too.
    One round at a time.