Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Sight in days

Boolit Grand Master

Sight in days

Had sight-in days today at our range. Was pretty slow most of the day, probably due to the Covid thing. Most of the help left a few hours before we shut down.

Of course, after the help left, we got slammed. Only two of us there. Both of us trying to help two people at a time and usually a few waiting. Was glad when 4pm rolled around and we were done. Some really good shooters and some on the other end of the spectrum.

One more day to go, in two weeks. Probably be snowing by then!!

Our range in Clear Creek County has been closed since July 8th due to stage II fire ban. Sight in days, the Breast Cancer machine gun shoot and all competition has been canceled since then. On the other hand a large part of northern Colorado is burning.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Banned
    Hey, rockrat, maybe double your volunteer pool next year and split them into two shifts, before lunch and after...?

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My club and indoor range just closed yesterday due to covid. Probably good, because I was wondering if I should keep going regularly. A lot less risk at outdoor ranges. Hopefully, we will be over the Covid hump in six months.

probably the scariest day on the range, I refuse to go, maybe they should put it on Halloween?

Boolit Grand Master
    We put it on to help the out of state hunters make sure their rifles are sighted in. Been many a time that they are way off after riding for hours in the back of a truck. Add to that loose scopes/mounts/action screws and sometimes wrong ammo!!

Boolit Grand Master

I always enjoyed working the clubs sight in days, Got to meet a lot of nice friendly and interesting people. A long with help most out. We were set up so that Most things were covered before hand. A local gunsmith came in and did Minor repairs scope adjustments free of charge. He also brought most common calibers of factory ammo along for sale to those who needed it. On most rifles the ( some really dont work well with this) we controlled ammo at the bench. Slowed us down some but made it easier to know what was going on. Rifles were cased until to the bench. In the rifle building until then. We had a very controlled range and a Knowledgeable member on each bench. Most came off the line saying how fast they were on target. ( A lot of the line coaches were high power shooters used to making full corrections).

We have no clubs in my area. Just a range the National Forrest built open to the public. Not much of a gun range as most of us know who've been to one or been a member of. Zero supervision at the place. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sight in for some, seems to be minute of paper plate at 35 yards tacked to a tree. Of course they'll call it 50 yards (and believe it really is).

Not to be totally negative about it, there is an upside to it. All that free, once fired brass you find laying on the ground!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, once fired brass is a plus. This year I got 15 pieces of nickled 375 H&H, along with some '06