RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana 350 magnum t06 in 177 cal.

Diana 350 magnum t06 in 177 cal.

Ordered a new Diana 350 with t06 trigger from Numrich Gun Parts Corp. for $249.00 plus shipping in .177.
    At least I hope it’s a t06 trigger... I see PA has some new in box t05 trigger in 177 cal. for the same price.
    Numrich says these are t06 models. If so, that’s a hundred dollars cheaper than i’ve seen a t06 offered at.
    Anyway, supposed to arrive by Fed x tommorrow.
    I know the 177 in the 350 mag. is not as efficient as the 22 cal. because of the smaller bore vs. the air volume, but have seen many reports of 23 plus ft. lbs. with 10.5 gr. pellets in this rifle.
    That should translate to a very flat trajectory out to 50 yds.
    Looking forward to giving this mag. springer a work out.

Boolit Buddy
    Let us know how it shoots.

Recieved it this morning from fed-x. It does indeed have the t06 trigger and is stamped t06 on the reciever.
    The beech stock has some nice figure in it and is well fitted to the action and reciever.
    The pressed checkering is both deeper and sharper than I expected.
    I think it’s a heck of a deal for $249.00 plus shipping. The total was $269.00 and some few cents.

Now to clean the bbl. and run a few pellets through it!

Got a chance to shoot it this afternoon. Almost every review i’ve read about these 350 magnums talks about the hard recoil and hold sensitivity of them.
    Heck, my 22 cal. Summit ranger with gas ram has more felt recoil than this rifle. I suppose the extra weight of the 350 soaks most of that perceived recoil up. Also heard about all the twang and buzz associated with mag springers at the shot.
    There was none of that with this rifle... just a quick solid thunk sound at the shot.. no buzz or twang that I could hear.
    Don’t have a trigger gauge, but the trigger broke like glass at what felt like well under 3 pounds. Again, the weight of the rifle at just over 8 pounds stock with no scope may have something to do with the perceived trigger pull.

The iron sights were dead center about 1 1/2” low at 5 yds. for initial shooting and just under an inch low at 10 yds. with crosman piranah 10.5 gr. pellets, which were the heaviest I had on hand in 177 cal.
    I held off ordering a scope base and new scope for this one in case it had bbl. droop, which I believe it has a tad of, but not enough to bother with a dropper Mount.
    The only scope I had that was’nt mounted on another rifle was a cheap Barska 22 scope and 2 piece cheap rings.
    I mounted it anyway thinking it would shake everything loose in short order, but so far, it’s hanging in there.
    I’ll probably order a one piece utg base for it along with a 4x12AO scope before long.

Initial groups of 3 to 5 shots ran from 1/4” at 20 yds. benched to just over 3/8” c/c. A big surprise for me with the piranah pellets, as they haven’t held up like that in any of my other rifles. After about 50 shots I got some 2” groups and figured the scope or stock screws had come loose, but nope, after a carefull check of everything I noticed the weight of the rifle had packed the sand in my front bag pretty tight. I’ve read springers don’t like a hard rest, so I laid my hand on top of the bag and laid the rifle in my hand and got an instant 3/8” 3 shot group right where I had it sighted in. I’ll have to remember to jostle my front bag every now and then to unpack the sand when shooting this one.

Also read how hold sensitive the 350 mag. was, but it did’nt seem that hold sensitive to me. It shot well for me resting it on the front bag at the fore end screw holes and at the balance point of the rifle on the fore end.
    Same with shooting it offhand. This is my first true springer and i’ve read how sensitive they can be, so I don’t want to judge how it shoots too quickly... lol, I may get up tommorrow to find I can’t hit the side of a barn with it.

So far so good... i’m glad I found a good deal and jumped on this one.
    Oh, btw I like the way a springer starts out easy on cocking and does’nt get hard till just before it actually cocks compared to a gas ram that starts harder, then gets easier just before cocking... the springer kind of gives a running start to the cocking process. I like that a lot!
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 10-24-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Boolit Master
    I shot a T05 trigger 350 Magnum for about a year. I dis find it to be hold sensitive. It was very accurrate. It's a nice gun

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 350 magnum springer RWS rifle and it shoots great with the Crossman 7.9gr hp pellet. I measured velocity on that to be 1,070 fps consistently. I also have a model 34 that shoots the same pellets accurately at 1,020 fps too.
    None of the two rifles have the t06 trigger but they are surprisingly crisp.
    This rifles are really well made.
    Camba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s nothing wrong with the t05 triggers from what i’ve heard of them, I just grabbed the t06 because it was $100.00 cheaper than usual and the same price i’ve seen on “new in box” t05 stock.
    lol, I probably would’nt notice the difference in them.

I did’nt do as well with my next shooting session as some groups spread out to an inch and more at 20 yds. from the bench. I don’t think the Piranah’s will prove to be the best pellet for this rifle, but it’s the heaviest pellet I had on hand... could just be my lack of experience shooting springers though.
    I tried a Winchester dome through it, but only one shot...from the sound of the shot it border line detonated on me. Still a lot of oil in the compression chamber burning off.
    Got to make an order on some pellets to try in it. Can’t find much locally lately.

Ok, caught the cheap 2 piece rings slipping back on the rails today... no surprise there. I’ll be ordering a one piece dropper base and a nicer scope for it tommorrow.
    I’m thinking about the BKL base with 6 screws from PA. Probably a utg 3x12x40 AO scope as well as a few different brands of 10.5 gr. Pellets!

Boolit Master
    My 48 is getting better as it breaks in.

It also has a stop screw for the scope mount on the rail, now I understand why.

I had the pellet fall out unnoticed and the gun sounded just like a 22, with smoke. I think the air blast is supersonic. It's my first air rifle. Most of my experience is center fire.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Mal Paso,

You sure picked a fine air rifle for your first! I gave a lot of consideration to that one, but could’nt pass up the deal on the 350 lol.
    Ordered a 3x9x32 utg scope, BKL one piece 6 screw base and rings, and some crosman and H&M’s 10.5 gr. Pellets for it this afternoon!
    There’s no stop pin on the BKL, but I know of at least one 350 mag. with this base that’s gone thousands of shots with no movement from the base.... we’ll see.

Boolit Master
    35 shooter,

I had help from the members here. I went side lever to avoid the barrel hinge but the leverage is excellent, I could shoot it all day. I went 22 for pest control but I haven't seen a gopher since I got the gun.

Larry Gibson put me on to Crosman Premium Dome pellets and that tightened up my groups.

I got the 48 with a chinese 4X scope as it was the same price as the bare rifle. It's OK but I'm looking. I'll have to check out the utg.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Wow, got a shipping notice at 10:30 last night fromPA and a tracking no. Slated delivery time is Tommorrow..... that was quick and the first time I ever got a shipping notice that late at night before.
    I may be hunting with this rifle by the weekend!

Boolit Master
    I had a one piece BKL mount that I loaned to a guy and he never gave it back. I liked my BKL a lot the only reason I changed was to a 30mm.

I got a little heavy handed with tightening up the 30mm triple rings and stripped one screw. So I decided to just remove all doubt with it.

I added longer screws and also added nylock nuts. I never had a BKL move but I know I won't now.

Idahoron,

I’d say you’ve got that scope strapped on tight lol!
    Looks great with those bases!

Well, I recieved my new scope, one piece BKL base and rings, and some new pellets to try in the 350 today. Got the base and scope mounted and will try some of the new pellets later tonight on my 20 yd. indoor range.
    The BKL base does seem solid as a rock, don’t think i’ll have any more base movement with 6 screws holding it.

The BKL one piece base and rings mounts solid as a vice on the rails. I don’t think this one is going to move under recoil at all!
    Set the 3x9x32AO TF2 scope at 6 power and with very few clicks was centered at 20 yds. benched.
    I tried crosman piranahs and crosman 10.5 gr. domes and both gave 1/4” to 3/8” groups c/c at 20 yds.
    I did get a few 1/2” groups because of a few out liers, but could tell that was all me getting used to the trigger and shooting a springer in general. This rifle almost shoots like it’s been tuned right out of the box.
    The follow through after the shot is the only thing that got me a few times while shooting. Blow the follow through with a springer and you blow the shot lol. That’s true with any gun, but goes double for springers evidently lol!
    I can tell the rifle is super accurate. I’ve just got to get used to shooting springers a bit more.
    I’ve got some h&n’s to try tonight, but the way the crosman are shooting, there’s really no need to look any further.

Can’t wait to get this rifle to the 50 yd. line and beyond and get out hunting with it.

Well rats! Got it all sighted in along with a little practice shooting offhand getting ready for a hunt with it. All of a sudden I was getting groups in 2 different places. Kept shooting thinking it was me not holding it the same each shot. Finally I felt something a bit loose at the shot. Checked the stock screws.... nope, good and tight. Touched the scope to check for looseness and felt movement!
    The 11mm scope rail had loosened up, not the base or scope rings...that’s a first for me and on a German made air rifle?
    Did a little research and found they’re riveted on. Missed that little tidbit when I first researched these rifles.
    Oh well, i’ll call Numrich in the morning and see where we go from here. Hoping for a simple return and new rifle!

Nice one.

I have the .22 version and have done a tune with a Maccari spring, guide and lubes. Pretty smooth and accurate and does around 24ft/lbs with any of the 14.5gr RWS pellets. It is harder to shoot well than my FWB 127 as you'd expect but it can be very accurate.

Thanks Fenring!
    I called Numrich this morning and have 30 days to return the rifle for a new one or get my money back.

Boolit Master
    I sent back a Hatsan that the front base came off.

Got it sent off to Numrich this morning. Waiting to see how the next one works out now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast