MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely sick...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    Hmm, I'm 40 and you couldn't pay me to drink a Guinness. Just not my beer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Yep, still a youngun
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I saw the title of this post,, and my heart skipped a beat. I first worried about Mittens.
    Upon opening the thread,, and seeing that it was about a theft,, I was relieved that Mittens was ok,, but it angered me to no end. We had a home break-in about 6 years ago,, and the "bastid-thief" (cleaned up a little for the net,,) as my wife likes to call him,, took one gun,, but got about $12,000 in Miss Penny's jewelry. Some heirlooms & special pieces too. We have pics & all of him,, I put up a billboard on the highway with a picture of him, and a description of the vehicle etc. He hit a few other places that day as well. I was interviewed for two of the local news stations,, due to my evidence & other things. With all we had,, we determined he was an out of state gang member,, who knew some folks in our area.
    Never caught him.
    Seeing your post pizzed me off all over again!

Boolit Master

May justice be served, good luck
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

I feel your pain, I had a 30-06 Encore stolen out of my truck in the garage. Serial number for gun and scope, never saw them again.
    I have probably ticked off a lot of hunters, but I ran every gun I came across, on traffic stops. Didn't care if there was ten Guns in the truck. A guy in a near by city is a very happy guy. I always caught grief from fellow deputies about that.

Boolit Master
    As one who had his car stolen I had to sit with both lawyers questioning me about suitability for a jury trial. Asked what were the charges, car theft. Asked me if I could render a non biased verdict. Told the one lawyer, I had a car stolen. And give me five minutes alone with him. Got dismissed pronto. Frank

Moderator Emeritus

Back in 1977 had a '67 GTO with his/her automatic and jacked sky high stolen a week before Christmas with gifts in it. Cop that took report said forget about ever seeing it once he saw what car it was. Still burns my backside.

Boolit Master

Old friend down in Fl. had a home break in years ago just before Christmas. Low life’s stole everything around Christmas tree including his granddaughter’s first bike, all his wife’s jewelry and the gun safe I told him to bolt to floor the previous month. LEO’s basically knew who it was, gave him her name. He heard nothing from LEO’s afterwards, gave me her name , looked up and found just about everything about her, 3 page rap sheet. He took it to LEO’s and asked why they couldn’t do anything. Basically told, “ you know how many such crimes we have?”, ....
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    @contender1 Sorry to make you panic. Mittens is doing great. Still full of energy enough to keep us awake most nights.

They have some video of the thief.
    https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/new...4ffab0c50.html

The handgun is listed on hotgunz and the police report flagged it in the NICS database as stolen. Later today, I will be taking some data sheets to local pawn shops with a picture and all identifying information of the handgun in the thief tries to sell it. That is assuming that those that run the pawn shops are ethical people.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    Old friend down in Fl. had a home break in years ago just before Christmas. Low life’s stole everything around Christmas tree including his granddaughter’s first bike, all his wife’s jewelry and the gun safe I told him to bolt to floor the previous month. LEO’s basically knew who it was, gave him her name. He heard nothing from LEO’s afterwards, gave me her name , looked up and found just about everything about her, 3 page rap sheet. He took it to LEO’s and asked why they couldn’t do anything. Basically told, “ you know how many such crimes we have?”, ....
    Back in Illinois, the son of a friend had his bike stolen. They caught the thief within a couple of hours. The DA declined to prosecute. My friend called the DA about it and got the run around... Cost of bike... Young kid... My friend told him that he wanted the DA to explain it to his son. The son that was always taught to respect other people, their property and the law. They had a meeting with the DA where he was condescending to my friends son as though he were a toddler. My friends son finally asked, "So. How much can I go and steal before I need to worry about you doing anything to me?"
    Therein lies the crux of our problem. Stealing a 50 cent candy bar is little different than stealing a $100,000 car IMHO. It shows lack of character.

I don’t keep anything in my truck. It was a basic truck without any extras. I had my truck parked on the street one night and when I awoke, I found the door lock destroyed. Idiots, I kept the doors unlocked so thieves wouldn’t break my window.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Sorry to hear of your theft. Let's just hope they can get it back for you before it get's traded for drugs or used in a crime.

A few years ago, my wife and I were up in Tucson - not a bad part of town but not the best either - and their were several pawn shops. She had neve bee in a pawn shop before so I suggested that we go in so she could see what one was like and I could take a look and see if they had any violins. It was later int he afternoon - maybe an hour or so after the schools let out. *** we were looking around, teenagers started coming in and se just stood back in a corner and watched. In a matter of maybe 20 minutes, there was a line of them standing in line to pawn what they had brought in. My wife and I left and when we got to the car, she made the remark that she couldn't understand why there were so many kids. I replied . . . "Did you see what most of them were trying to pawn?"

Probably 90% of them were waiting to pawn battery powered and some corded power tools ranging from drills, saws and grinders to one kid who carried in a full tool box. The other 10% had electronic equipment of some sort or another. Oh, yea . . . . I'll bet that they were all "Apprentices" that needed to pawn their tools to pay for their trade school tuition. Alll I could think of was I wonder how many guys would be going out to their trucks, etc. and discovering that the tools they needed to make a living were now gone. Obviously these kids weren't concerned about being video taped and I[m sure that if they ever got busted for theft, they probably just would get a slap on the wrist.

Don't feel too bad though. A couple of years ago, here where we live in AZ, there was one of the cops - a motorcycle cop - he was also a member of the tactical team. For some unexplained reason he had an AR strapped to his PD motorcycle. He gave the excuse that he had it in case he was out on patrol and the tactical team got a call - yea, right. So . . . he was on normal patrol and got a call to assist at a car accident with multiplele PIs. He pulled up, parked his bike and went to herp. When he got back to his bike to leave - yep - the AR was gone. Someone saw it on his PD motorcycle and just stopped and took it. A big investigation followed but as far as I know, it went nowhere and the AR was never recovered. After the initial reporting of it in the paper, for some funny reason, it all got "hushed up" and and no report of any dicisplinary action was ever reported. So, I guess a person just never knows . . . . .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Yep, still a youngun
    I am pushing 70, and I reckon my taste buds ain't what they were 50 years ago. I can still taste and savor a nice amber bock, a Guinness, or a Newcastle brown ale for example, but to me things like Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Miller, Miller Lite, have no taste at all. Might as well be drinking spring water.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    @contender1 Sorry to make you panic. Mittens is doing great. Still full of energy enough to keep us awake most nights.

They have some video of the thief.
    https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/new...4ffab0c50.html

The handgun is listed on hotgunz and the police report flagged it in the NICS database as stolen. Later today, I will be taking some data sheets to local pawn shops with a picture and all identifying information of the handgun in the thief tries to sell it. That is assuming that those that run the pawn shops are ethical people.
    Here Pawn Shops and Gun Shops have to clear every gun they take in with the police.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I am not holding out much hope ATM... I'll have to bite the bullet and pick up another non 1911 45ACP. If this one is ever recovered, I'll have one to give to my son.

Boolit Master
    I had a lot of trouble with teens camping in my acreage yard.....old furniture and chairs and stuff....anyway ,years of complaint to the cops ,what teen cant see a copcar coming and scram..............Anyhoo ,one day checkin for "new" junk furniture,and there is a big orange Hilti fastener gun hidden in the long grass......cost new on ebay is $3500 ....so I ring the cops and report the find,it also has a name and phone engraved into it.......So I ring the number ,he s working at the local high school,doesnt even know his Hilti is gone........And ,oddly enough doesnt seem very interested in getting it back......more worried that I rang the cops ,and he's left an unsecured power nail gun while working at a school.....It had a full magazine ,he says ......well .its not full now.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I am pushing 70, and I reckon my taste buds ain't what they were 50 years ago. I can still taste and savor a nice amber bock, a Guinness, or a Newcastle brown ale for example, but to me things like Michelob Ultra, Budweiser, Miller, Miller Lite, have no taste at all. Might as well be drinking spring water.
    I call those kitten Piss, the younguns just drink it to get a cheap drunk.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry to hear about your pistol. I'm another that first thought about Kitty. I HATE a thief!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    And I have no homeowners insurance so I get to eat the whole thing.
    Theft from your vehicle is covered under your vehicle's Comprehensive coverage (if you have it). If no comp coverage with the vehicle, then it's covered under your renter's insurance. I assume you are renting since you said you don't have homeowner's insurance.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    We own our house. It is difficult to get homeowners insurance where we live and I am in the middle of rewiring.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Sorry for your loss.
    Thieves are catch and release.

YMMV
    It should be when caught the thief is put in a cage. The Owner is called to line up and yell pull . problem solved
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast