Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely sick...

Boolit Master

Absolutely sick...

So... Last night was a hectic night when I got home from a business meeting at a brewery where I do work on a 1099. I had an armload to get into the house forgot that I had a pistol in the console. Last night, of all nights, someone broke into cars for a good mile stretch of our county road stealing things. And Yep... My Baby Desert Eagle was part of it. The mother of the deputy that came and took my statement had also gotten hit.
    I HATE THIEVES....
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Buddy
    I hope they find it.

Boolit Master
    They have some video and a LOT of leads. I told the officer that if they find the guy, I'd give him as much beer as they wanted to drop off the perp at my house for 20 minutes. He chuckled as they hear that a lot.

Boolit Master
    I hate 'em. Young'un thief stole my toolbox out of my garage. Keep on looking for stuff and then remembering it was in my toolbox. Know it was a young'un; as there were six bottles of Guinness in my fridge there, and are still there.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

Man, I’m sorry to hear this, especially when a firearm is involved. I really hope that they catch the thief, I truly hate them! Looking on the bright side, at least you have Mittens to cheer you up!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I hate 'em. Young'un thief stole my toolbox out of my garage. Keep on looking for stuff and then remembering it was in my toolbox. Know it was a young'un; as there were six bottles of Guinness in my fridge there, and are still there.
    Just means he didn't look in the fridge.

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Hmm, I'm 40 and you couldn't pay me to drink a Guinness. Just not my beer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I didn't mean to take light of your situation, been there my self.
    Bike I loved stolen out of my garage.
    Probably would have taken beer too if there was any.

On a lighter note my son had his Kimber 45 stolen out of his office....Yep.. cleaning crew, dumb dirtbag took it. Well two years went by . The insurance paid for a new Kimber. The police arrested the dirtbag for stealing and he had the 45 on him. Didn't go well with him. The serial number checked out and the sheriff called and told him it would take a while longer for him to get the gun back. Next he got the gun back and called the Insurance Co. The guy told him that the ordeal was done and paid for, have fun. My Grandson now carries the older of the two pistols..

Very sorry to hear of the misfortune.
    Thieves are the worst and I hope they are caught and locked up!

Boolit Master
    I only had a vehicle break in, and theft once about 20 yrs ago. The perp broke my drivers window to gain entry. Stole my gps from the console, took my loose change. He never looked in the glovebox. I had a handgun there. Stupid kid, I suppose.

Thieves just burn me up.

I got cut from jury duty over it on a burglary case case one time.

In the questions they ask the pool, the sentencing aspect came up.
    I told the court, if it was a solid case, and I voted to convict:
    When the sentencing part came around, there wasn't going to be any of that 'minimum' nonsense.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Its always a terrible feeling even just knowing someone broke into something you own. Even worse that a good firearm was stolen. Hopefully things turn out well and the thief gets a vacation at the greybar hotel and you get your pistol back.

We called those type of thieves carhoppers. There was a whole run of that going on in a neighborhood I used to live in. Twice I had the drivers window smashed out of my car within about 4 months.

The first time they stole my CD player and all of my CDs. If they would have popped the trunk they could have got some ammo and a S&W Sigma. But fortunately they didnt. There was also about $40 in the center console, and not to mention the subwoofers, amplifiers and a toolbox in the trunk. But none of that was touched. The geniuses made off with a CD player worth about $20 and a bunch of burned punk rock and metal music.

The second time they stole the replacement $20 cd player I had just installed. This time the degenerates did it on Christmas Eve.

After that I just wired up a cable with a headphone jack hanging out of the hole in my dash to directly connect my Ipod to the amps. Plug in and flip a switch to turn the amps on.

Thankfully I moved out of that area the next year. (Aurora, IL)

Boolit Master
    Dumbest thing a thug can do is ask for a jury trial. Everyone has had stuff stolen, and the memory festers over the years. Saw one case where the punk asked for one, had a real young appointed lawyer who did not know diddly. Got eighteen years in the Arkansas State Pen.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Once someone stole all of my CDs from my car. They were all Christian rock bands. I hope that made a difference in their lives.

And I have no homeowners insurance so I get to eat the whole thing. If they ever catch the person, I told my wife what I would be doing to them but I cannot post it for legal reasons.
    Last edited by bakerjw; 10-23-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Something to be said about cutting off the hands of thieves.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve got the ring setup at all my entrances and driveway. It gets fairly clear video even at night. All wireless and all “in the cloud”

Sometimes you get lucky. Back in the middle '90s my daughter was attending Oregon S.U., living in an apartment off campus, and had her Taurus M85 stolen out of her car in her driveway. It turned up a little over 2 years later in one of the OSU dorms in possession of a male student, and she got it back because I had recorded the serial number. Hope you had your serial number to give to the Deputy.

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I’ve got the ring setup at all my entrances and driveway. It gets fairly clear video even at night. All wireless and all “in the cloud”
    At least you will see who swiped your stuff.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss.
    Thieves are catch and release.

When I worked nights in Scottsdale I parked overnight in a dicey lot. Kids at work told me to get a big rubber rattlesnake, put it on the dash. Rubber snake? Really? Thieves are afraid of rubber snakes? If they were smart, they wouldn't be thieves. So I did. Three other trucks had snakes, some coiled up on the passenger seat, and all the other vehicles were broken into, about one a week, and there was nothing to steal in any of them. The sun wore out my mojo snake, so I got another, snake's been to Fairbanks and back, parked out front right now. Works for me. YMMV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast