Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Load-13 grains Red Dot

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb View Post
    13gr of Red Dot in my .375 H&H Mag gives 1290fps with a 255gr cast bullet, 16gr gives 1432fps.

I also use it in my .358 Norma Mag and my 7mm Rem Mag (both with cast and "the other kind" of bullets ,but I can't find my chronograph results.

It is a real hoot to use the .375 H&H for plinking with this load! With the right light you can see the bullets flying to the target.

John
    Am I correct in assuming that no filler or wad is needed for 13 grains of Red Dot in the 375H&H cartridges?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy mike View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that no filler or wad is needed for 13 grains of Red Dot in the 375H&H cartridges?
    Correct. No filler needed. Nor is it with Bullseye, TiteGroup, WST, 452AA or 700X either. The 13 grain load works in .375 with all of these powders firing without bullets being gaschecked.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Out of curiosity, anyone try this with Promo? Seems like it would be fine. But you know, different powder, might get different results...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Master
    I have used 10grains of Red Dot and Promo interchangeably with no change in my 270 Win. Same for 6.5 garains of either in 30 30

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Out of curiosity, anyone try this with Promo? Seems like it would be fine. But you know, different powder, might get different results...
    Promo is the same at Red Dot except it varies in density. Promo and be used in any load listed for RD. I have verified this with Alliant years ago.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    I have used 10grains of Red Dot and Promo interchangeably with no change in my 270 Win. Same for 6.5 garains of either in 30 30
    That's good to know. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Promo is the same at Red Dot except it varies in density. Promo and be used in any load listed for RD. I have verified this with Alliant years ago.
    I've always heard that too. But you never know when dealing with larger cases and larger charges. Especially when the the substitute is know for variances in gas volume.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.