Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Brass catcher

Boolit Master

Brass catcher

I just purchased a S&W M&P in 40 S&W. This is my first auto loader handgun other than my Ruger mkll 22lr. IIRC many years ago, wasn't there a brass catcher available that actually strapped to your hand? I normally shoot revolvers so chasing brass was not an issue. Now with all the ammo shortages, I want to keep as much brass as possible.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

I’ve purchased brass catchers from this guy. http://www.sherwoodakuna.com/ He makes them specific to the pistol. They work well. He may also have what you’re looking for.

Boolit Master
    Now that's a cool idea. Only thing is I have a M&P Shield. No front picitinni rail. I will have into inquire more.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I just use a swimming pool leaf net (the wide horizontal kind) mounted on a modified tripod stand (old music stand) and adjust distance/height to catch any cal of semi-auto brass throwing. Catches 98+% of them in the net! I add a few # of Pb ingots (one on each leg) to the legs with Gorilla tape to prevent any wind from tipping the thing over.

Inexpensive and works for all cal's!

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I just use a swimming pool leaf net (the wide horizontal kind) mounted on a modified tripod stand (old music stand) and adjust distance/height to catch any cal of semi-auto brass throwing. Catches 98+% of them in the net! I add a few # of Pb ingots (one on each leg) to the legs with Gorilla tape to prevent any wind from tipping the thing over.

Inexpensive and works for all cal's!

Great minds think alike

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Brass-Catcher

Boolit Grand Master

bullseye pistol shooters have used brass catchers for years On a plate base they really take up very little room on the bench beside you, they do a great job and dont add weight to be held up. Another plus is there's no swing or pull to the hand or gun. Shoot a match and empty at the end of the day. Mine has held up with little work over 40 years of use. They arnt hard to make ,

Here at the farm I just drive a couple rebars in the ground and drop 6' pieces of conduit over them, then attach an old twin sheet to the conduit. Works like a shield catches the brass and drops onto the ground. Since we use a tarp to walk on works great. From rifle or pistol, and from about any shooting position
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati

In S. Georgia everyone has a PU truck. I park mine alongside my firing position & after a few shots I know where to stand to get the empties in the truck bed.

Of course I have my own range & no problem with a truck on the range.

P.S. I like okietwolf's idea.

I made one which worked ok. Finally let the Queen breath a bit and bought a Caldwell Brass Catcher. Best thing I have done in awhile. I use it off a bench and by adding my camera stand, it works when I am standing as well. You can buy it direct or from any number of mail order outfits. Well made and worth a look.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Mold
    I mounted a butterfly net to my shooting bench above my gun, works well. Been going to work on mounting it to one of the uprights on my range.

Rick 46

Moderator Emeritus

Boolit Master

I made a hand mounted one out of an aquarium net and a mechanics glove. It worked pretty well. One thing though, I learned the hard way that it was great for practice, but NEVER shoot a match with it. Mr. Murphy reared his ugly head; an empty bounced off the catcher and RIGHT BACK INTO THE EJECTION PORT. Nice jam, and needed an alibi string