RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunbroker question

Boolit Master

does he have any feedback history? I would re-list and send link. He save taxes etc. I can't add much, but I value my reputation too much play games.

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    that is not a problem because you can bid high and they only take the next increment bid amount eventually you may reach you high bid amount but if you set your max for that item you probably weren't going to pay more than your max bid anyway
    Every time I do that and end up being the high bidder, I buy the gun for the highest possible price. It's like the seller knows how much my high bid was, and got someone to bid so as to bring me up to my max. I've thought of complaining to GunBroker about it, but it's something I can't prove.

Now I only bid in small increments. It means I have to be there when the auction ends. But at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I wasn't taken advantage of.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    Relist it and send him the link.
    Bingo! Unless you want to screw gunbroker.

Boolit Master
    I try to use Walmart Money Orders simply because their cheaper. I don't think you can scam with those..

Boolit Buddy
    $1.75 for a $800 USPO money order, how much cheaper can it get.

He is trying to get you to go lower. Ditch him. The same thing happened to me. I was trying to sell and engraved matched set never fire Winchester model 88. My brother won and auction that the NRA was having for life members only back around 1981. The winning bid was pretty close to $10,000 dollars seeing that they had gold plated receivers and gold engraving and consecutive serial numbers and a sealed case that kept oxygen out. I put it up on auction for 8000. No bids, then when the auction was over some guy contacted me and made a really low ball offer. $1000.

ACC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    It smells like a scam to me, because it appears he is wanting you to go around Gunbroker, so you wouldn't have them as an intermediary if there is problems.
    This, same as the E auction site or anywhere else. Anybody that wants to buy/sell outside the terms of those sites are scamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    The starting price was the Buy It Now price. After 7 days, with extra pics sent, and you miss the auction end by 10 minutes...
    Maybe I'm just seeing boogie men everywhere nowadays.
    It's funny - my wife loves that particular gun. She even offered to buy it, which made no sense. Things work out...

Sounds like the problem has been solved your wife likes that firearm. Tell the Nigerian prince to keep his check. Happy wife happy life.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

I only buy from an FFL holder. Nothing else is that good of a deal. An FFL is not invisible and using the FFL's zip code I can get their full info, especially if the results have the "FFL on file" icon, I feel they're pretty safe on the link:

https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master
    Too many shill bidders on these sites. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Too many shill bidders on these sites. Frank
    I think you're right, but IMO shills are easy to combat... bid what you feel is fair, and let the shill outbid you.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master

I have won several items for less than my maximum bid.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Post it on here for sell I like old guns

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by CLAYPOOL View Post
    I try to use Walmart Money Orders simply because their cheaper. I don't think you can scam with those..
    You can.

Any payment you accept, don’t ship until it’s cash.

Personal check, wait for it to clear the bank if there isn’t a local bank for them.
    Walmart Money Order, go to Walmart and cash it.
    USPS MO go to post office and cash it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master
    Yeah sounds good in theory. But if you really want the item you'll keep having to outbid the shill. And that can get expensive fast. If the BIN price isn't outrageous might be the way to go. Frank

Boolit Master
    Personal checks can take forever to clear.....and even then is the lingering doubt the bank will pullback.......Usual MO of the scammers is to hassle you into delivery before the check is bounced....And they do try hard to rush you.Then after it bounces,they disappear,or the more brazen cons will accuse you of stealing.the money! ......There is nothing new about this,its been the strategy of con men ever since checks were invented."My check is good as gold,sir you have offered a deadly insult by refusing it"......Dunno how many times Ive heard that over 65 years in business.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    No personal check. Go with a U.S.P.S. money order only.
    I disagree. USPS money orders are commonly forged. I have yet to have an issue with anyone’s personal check. I always tell the buyer the item will ship 7 business days once I deposit the check.
    East Tennessee

I've been a member of Gunbroker for 15+ years now. I've both bought and sold there. While it may seem strange to many (leery of a fraud), it could be one of several reasons he waited until the auction closed. He indeed could have just missed the ending time, I'm guilty of that myself. The choice is yours. Stay in contact with him, tell him exactly when you're going to relist it with the same buy now. He'll either go for it, or he won't.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Could be a innocent slip up and can be a scam. In these days of trouble I generally listen to my inner gut feeling. Any suspicion or red flags and don’t proceed. I agree with relisting and send him a link. Does the prospective buyers have any feedback history ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12