Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Stevens 940E

Stevens 940E

I acquired a Stevens 940E 16ga shotgun and in my rush to clean it. I did not realize the trigger assembly was a monoblock design. So when I pulled the pins all the springs came out of alignment. Luckily it was so dirty the springs did not fly apart. I have the hammer spring figured out, but I cannot figure out the trigger spring. I have looked at every picture and every breakdown I can find on the Net. and you tube. I even found the trigger assembly for sale online but it does not show how the trigger spring is set in the assembly. I tried to add a picture to this post but I cant figure it out. If you look up Gunpartscorp.com the schematic for the 940e its part number 15. If anyone can post a picture or give me a link to a pic i would appreciate it.

To me, it looks like the lower crossbar of the spring would have to fit under the forward lip of the trigger to keep it sprung forward. Just a guess by looking at the schematic- good luck with it.

Seems when i try the tension holds the trigger backwards instead of forward. At which point you would think just turn it over. But then the hole for the crosspin doesn' t come close to linning up. Its a challange for sure. If i ever get it right I will post a pic. I found a page on the web telling to use wooden slave pins to hold everything in place during disassembly. Opps!

First let me start by saying I guess this should be titled Savage 940e, I finally figured this out and with the use of some wooden slave pins I made from a dowel rod I managed to get it back together. I tired to add some pictures, I hope they come thru. I spent a week searching the web for information or a picture of the trigger spring with no luck. I hope someone else can use these pictures to help them put their back together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage 940e trigger 1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	270116

Name:	Savage 940e trigger 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	270117

Name:	Savage 940e trigger 1.jpg