Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i just gotta share!.....coolest accessory ever!

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    Ummm... doesn't glass generate or hold a static charge? Static+gunpowder=bad?
    So what are you trying to say?

Both glass and plastic can generate a static charge, for that matter even you can, ever touch a light switch in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by rswink View Post
    Then a simple common grounding strap applied to your equipment would solve the problem.
    Goferit!
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master
    For those a little light in the wallet, a plastic document cover, rolled up and cut to fit.

It might make a difference what plastic the cover is made of, but the one I used never discolored, and the Dillon hopper it protects is still clear after years (I typically leave powder in the hopper unless I know I'm not going to reload for a long time). It just took the original a few months of the same treatment to become opaque .

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    So what are you trying to say?

Both glass and plastic can generate a static charge, for that matter even you can, ever touch a light switch in the winter?
    Why is it that peeps challenge such simple comments? I'm not "TRYING" to say anything, isn't THAT CLEAR? Maybe a remedial "inference" reading course is in line for you?

The plastic on hoppers are specifically chosen to not generate static, just like the canisters that powder is shipped in. Powder makers recommend to never move powder to a container not designed for gunpowder because it may be labeled wrong, or the label can fall off and it's SAFE storage.

Listen here, I don't care what you do with your bench, some tyros may think something is a good idea and MAYBE it's not. Go do what you like, smoke, drink, use glass hoppers, I really do not care.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Are they available for Lyman 55s?

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for sharing this mozeppa! A few years ago I got called away from a loading session to deal with something when there was a half full hopper of TiteGroup. Forgot that it was there for a few days. By the time I got back, my hopper looked like a Franklin stove. Been making do with some ABS clear pipe lined with a document cover and secured with a bunch of duct tape. This looks like just what the doctor ordered.

Boolit Master
    ya'll make sure of which measure you order for as these are NOT just glass tubes , they have a fitting that is bonded to the glass and it is threaded for some types of measures.

this really helps make the whole assembly More solid and stable ....no chance of a loose tube to get knocked out and lose a whole hopper of powder.

please....don't ask me how this can be possible....i don't like bad memories!

That's awesome. Just ordered one for my Ohaus. Wish they made them for the Lyman Pistol Powder measure. Can't hurt to ask them about it right? It's about the same size as a Little Dandy.

Be curious to know what powder you guys are using that is so corrosive and detrimental to your hoppers. I leave clays, clay dot, red dot, bullseye in my oem hoppers continuously. My reloading room is climate controlled as it’s in the house.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 12-08-2020 at 12:31 PM.

In my case the hopper on my OHaus cracked from age / use. I rigged up a replacement with an HVLP Spray Gun paint cup and some copper pipe fittings. It works well enough its just butt ugly.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptar View Post
    That's awesome. Just ordered one for my Ohaus. Wish they made them for the Lyman Pistol Powder measure. Can't hurt to ask them about it right? It's about the same size as a Little Dandy.
    Ask him, that's what I did about the Duo-measure, he explained he needed one, so boxed one up and sent it out. Everyone was using the DIY fix it things.
    Mine cracked by the screw hole, the one I sent had a hair line crack starting, have several of the glass hoppers for the Duo-measures, they work great.

Anyway ask...you never know.

-Rock

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    Ummm... doesn't glass generate or hold a static charge? Static+gunpowder=bad?
    Plastic doesn’t?

Many reloaders, myself included, use old dryer sheets to control static in the plastic tubes.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Be curious to know what powder you guys are using that is so corrosive and detrimental to your hoppers. I leave clays, clay dot, red dot, bullseye in my oem hoppers continuously. My reloading room is climate controlled as it’s in the house.
    Seems like I read the culprits are the double based powders with higher nitroglycerin contents. I empty my powder measures so no personal experience.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
    Ask him, that's what I did about the Duo-measure, he explained he needed one, so boxed one up and sent it out. Everyone was using the DIY fix it things.
    Mine cracked by the screw hole, the one I sent had a hair line crack starting, have several of the glass hoppers for the Duo-measures, they work great.

Anyway ask...you never know.

-Rock
    Rock,
    I asked! I emailed and asked if maybe the Little Dandy hopper might work since it's very similar in size and design to Lyman's Pistol Accumeasure. Exchanged a few emails with Ward, sent some measurements, he said the opening in the base of the Little Dandy was smaller then the Lyman but he could open it up and it would fit just fine. I've got it and a hopper for the Ohaus on the way. I'll post some pictures of the Lyman hopper when I get it.

Thanks for posting this. I've got two of the Lymans one's hopper is already cracked, if this works out I'll order another because it's only a matter of time for before the other does.
    Last edited by Ziptar; 12-12-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptar View Post
    Rock,
    I asked! I emailed and asked if maybe the Little Dandy hopper might work since it's very similar in size and design to Lyman's Pistol Accumeasure. Exchanged a few emails with Ward, sent some measurements, he said the opening in the base of the Little Dandy was smaller then the Lyman but he could open it up and it would fit just fine. I've got it and a hopper for the Ohaus on the way. I'll post some pictures of the Lyman hopper when I get it.

Thanks for posting this. I've got two of the Lymans one's hopper is already cracked, if this works out I'll order another because it's only a matter of time for before the other does.
    That's great. Ward is a great guy, great company.
    gonna ask or see if he can make some hoppers for the Auto-champs I got,
    the ones on them ain't gonna make it much longer, waiting till after holidays.
    Would like to see the pictures, when you get it.

-Rock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12