Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: REX 100 PID controller Fahrenheit

Boolit Man

REX 100 PID controller Fahrenheit

The REX controller appears to work, but the chenglesh instructions are hard to follow. I have succeeded in opening the COD menu and changing the units field to 0001, which seems to "stick" but the unit still uses Celcius.

This is SO typical of many Chinese products - they get 95% right, and then fail miserably on some 5% of it which severely handicaps operation.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trebleplink View Post
    The REX controller appears to work, but the chenglesh instructions are hard to follow. I have succeeded in opening the COD menu and changing the units field to 0001, which seems to "stick" but the unit still uses Celcius.

This is SO typical of many Chinese products - they get 95% right, and then fail miserably on some 5% of it which severely handicaps operation.
    I've gone thru the process a number of times. You CANNOT do anything to make them read in F. Not a big handicap IMHO.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    Life Member Iowa Firearms Coalition
    US Army Vet

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
    One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams 1826

Banned
    I put a C PID on my coating baking oven -- set it once to 205C and forget it

My very first PID I built was same brand and in Celcius too, worked pretty good except I needed to convert to F everytime, eventually I got tired and replaced it with the right one. They are cheap enough on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Or just make a temp cheat sheet

C to F conversion charts are all over the web. I found one and printed out from about 450* F to 800* F. I built my PID into an old cash box. All the power cords and temp probe coil up and fit inside the box when not in use. I put this chart on the inside of the top. So when in use the top is open so I can easily see the chart.
    For those not built like that just hang it on the wall behind your pot. Once you find a temp that works just leave the PID set at that temp. My box has an on/off switch so I can just shut it off without changing the set temp.
    Leo