Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB/wtt 209 shotgun primers

WTB/wtt 209 shotgun primers

I need some 209 primers and can trade all types of rifle or pistole primers. I am in santa fe tx.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

EGADS!!! I have 5000 209's and REALLY could use small pistol primers but don't even want to THINK about shipping them.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Buddy
    If you're interested in a brick of Fed 209a and I'm up by IAH
    Cargo

Boolit Master

road trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    road trip!
    Man, if I were in Florida's panhandle I'd go halfway at least. As it is the panhandle is 600+ miles (Santa Fe is over 1100 mi.) from here, my Silverado, tolls, accommodations and not to mention time would make it VERY expensive
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Master

Look at it as an adventure!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Look at it as an adventure!
    The furthest I will go for an adventure is to wait for the hoarding to stop and buy retail again
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Buddy
    You can ship them through UPS but you have to go to a hub, I know because I sold and shipped loaded ammo and primed brass from Kansas City, Mo.

Boolit Master

if I knew what hull you were using, I could size and prime a bunch and mail it to your door, if that would work let me know.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

thanks for the offer brian. found somefrom a member in livinston tx . will go tomorrow toget them
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter73 View Post
    You can ship them through UPS but you have to go to a hub, I know because I sold and shipped loaded ammo and primed brass from Kansas City, Mo.
    Loaded ammo and primed brass = ok, primers = NO.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeG52 View Post
    Loaded ammo and primed brass = ok, primers = NO.

Your going to have to read the history of shipping primers and smokeless powder. And yes it is a strange history.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Your going to have to read the history of shipping primers and smokeless powder. And yes it is a strange history.
    So, do you know a way an individual can send primers or powder without having a hazmat license? It appeared you were countering joeG52's statement of fact.

Boolit Master

primed brass or primed hulls, with no powder or boolit is not considered haz mat and can ship normal mail. loaded ammo and powder and primer bricks can be mailed but you have to jump through a lot of hoops--gun stores ship it every day, if they can, you can, it just takes some work.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    So, do you know a way an individual can send primers or powder without having a hazmat license? It appeared you were countering joeG52's statement of fact.

His statement is a 100% right but the fight about shipping primers and powders goes back to the 1920's. The rules make no sense but that's how it's done. You can ship primed cases and ammo all day long. The Hazmat fee on primers and powder has made Fedex and ups millions same with REA Express 90 years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    His statement is a 100% right but the fight about shipping primers and powders goes back to the 1920's. The rules make no sense but that's how it's done. You can ship primed cases and ammo all day long. The Hazmat fee on primers and powder has made Fedex and ups millions same with REA Express 90 years ago.
    Cool beans. I misunderstood your reply. I know it's nuts how it's done. Now, rancher indicates it can be done by jumping through a few "hoops". I think these hoops involve a bunch of senseless classes/testing (mandated of course) and likely a pocketful of liability insurance. Unless one is in business selling powder or primers, I don't think this would make economic sense.

Boolit Buddy
    Cool beans. I misunderstood your reply. I know it's nuts how it's done. Now, rancher indicates it can be done by jumping through a few "hoops". I think these hoops involve a bunch of senseless classes/testing (mandated of course) and likely a pocketful of liability insurance. Unless one is in business selling powder or primers, I don't think this would make economic sense.

My limited googlefu found these comments from threads of old concerning shipping primers or powder.

You need special training to ship hazmat with UPS or FedEx and you have to sign a pretty serious liability waiver (that I would not sign). Long story short, you can NOT ship primers unless you are certified by UPS or FedEx to do so. Primers are explosives, class 1.4 and require you to have a haz mat cert to ship.If you want to ship primers legally you'll need to become haz mat certified shipper. FedEx offers a class on shipping haz mat but I don't know as that will make you a certified haz mat shipper so much as help you know how to fill out the haz mat forms.

All that said, I know more than a few who have done it. But, I'm prolly the one that would get caught, and I don't want to write a check for $25,000 or spend any time with bubba in a shower.

thanks for all the replies, found what we need
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen