Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: 275 grain RNFP 45/70

Boolit Bub

275 grain RNFP 45/70

I recently bought out a retired gentlemens gun room. It had a large lot of different powders dies and other assorted reloading equipment. In this was a large amount of 275 grain RNFP that I would like to use as a light recoil load for the 45 70. I have not been able to find much data for this weight. I find most loads are for 300 grain at the lightest and then drops down to the collar button loads. I have trail boss, H110, IMR 4227, W 296, Accurate #7. I do have quite few other powders but unfortunatly a couple I have not been able to find for a while are Unique, 2400, Bulls eye. If some one could point me in the right direction to start I have not had much luck search the internet today.

Boolit Master

With what you have on hand the Trailboss would be good place to start. Bullseye is a good candidate when you can find some.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

Boolit Grand Master

I use 8 gr Bullseye under a 270 gr RNFP Rapine bullet as a fun load in my TDs. Great accuracy, little recoil and noise.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla