Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Who has a break action 350 Legend rifle ????

Free 350 legend brass

There are some conditions where this brass works out well, break action single shot rifles being the best of the crop.

The break actions on rimmed cartridges such as the 350 Legend engage the extractor into the groove in the case head upon putting the case into the chamber.

They literally slide the extractor down the side of the case and pop that extractor firmly into place in the head groove as you close the action.

Headspace is actually controlled on these guns until firing by the extractor which is already locked into the extractor groove in the case head.

I am looking for someone with one of these guns ........ I've got some questions for you to answer and an opportunity for you may exist to get some free brass.
    Last edited by Oldfeller; 01-31-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    All retired now, just growing tomatoes and building and shooting my guns.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm familiar with Contenders doing the dragging bit on rimless cases but what makes you feel the case doesn't positively stop on the mouth?

I have several hundred fully taper formed primed 350 Legend cases that were converted from 5.56 cases that are .040-.050 short to SAMMI spec. About 300 pieces of brass that will only go to somebody with the right gun that shows they can handle the length variation safely.

An old Mauser style controlled feed bolt gun could work, but I do not know if the new Ruger American is a capture the rim when exiting the magazine style control feed any more. OOPS, I went and looked, Ruger American no longer does control feed at all any longer ........ looks like a three lug short rotation push feed system.

So back to break action single shots, I guess.
    Last edited by Oldfeller; 01-29-2022 at 06:29 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Ah. They might be useful with the bullet seated so as to touch the rifling - even .010” longer that that. Either way will just leave a little crud in the step corner.

With a break action, you get all these good choices and some flexibility on using the strange brass as well.

Who has a break action .350 Legend for me to gift this 300 pieces of slightly non-standard brass to?

If fired using cast boolit loads, the brass will be totally safe and will last like, forever ....... the case wall thickness is .040" to .050" in the web area, plus the cases are formed to the chamber taper so they will only expand .005" at max expansion. Case movement is a sub-set of the wall thickness.

A cut case is included with the free brass for the curious to take a look at before firing. I have fired ~50 of these cases and have seen no signs of any sort of thinning or large brass movement. The length of the cases will grow on repeated firings.

At $42 per hundred this is $130 that you don't have to spend on brass ......
    Last edited by Oldfeller; 02-01-2022 at 09:49 PM.