RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: 350 Legend misfeed question

350 Legend misfeed question

I'm loading two loads: a 125 grain Accurate 35-125 YG and 180 grain Accurate 36-180 LG
    The the YGs cycle flawlessly but I am still having a bit of an issue with getting the right powder and charge.
    The LGs, I have a charge that is very accurate and very consistent but I have a weird feed issue. Occasionally, a round will miss the chamber and just get stuck kind of sideways in the upper. If I pull the bolt back and drop the magazine, it drops out and I can just reload it into the mag and it'll shoot. But it seems like some sort of timing issue. I'm just using a standard AR stoner buffer/spring.

I am kind of wondering what to look at...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    I would play around with 5 dummy rounds loaded as long as possible while still fitting the magazine. If they don't cycle flawlessly, start seating them deeper and repeat the cycling of the bolt. See what length works best.

Banned

what mag are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    what mag are you using?
    I have the 10 round CMMG mags.
    WWG1WGA

The LGs, I have a charge that is very accurate and very consistent
    but I have a weird feed issue. Occasionally, a round will miss the
    chamber and just get stuck kind of sideways in the upper.
    The LGs are the most consistent/correct OAL-design of cast bullets for the 350L.
    (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4942993)
    The misfeed "sounds" like a load/timing/stroke issue. What powder/weight/OAL are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mehavey View Post
    The LGs are the most consistent/correct OAL-design of cast bullets for the 350L.
    (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4942993)
    The misfeed "sounds" like a load/timing/stroke issue. What powder/weight/OAL are you using?
    This load is Norma 200 and it is 28.2 grn. My COL is 2.20" This load is very accurate and very consistent as far as speed. The last 5 group shot I chrono'd was between 2021 and 2030 fps - super consistent.
    WWG1WGA

I sure (obviously) can't argue w/ that load.
    Does the problem occur with different magazines as well ?

Boolit Man
    Do you have a picture of this? I assume not.

I had an issue when I was running 90gr bullets with my 350. The we’re hitting the feed ramps then hitting the top of the chamber and stopping and the bolt would close on it. Iirc, I put in an H2 buffer and it solved it. I had it with me on another gun so I was able to test it.

Boolit Master

I have had my mag issues too...

My first was a Factory Ruger from a American Bolt. Mostly its worked fine, until using in a AR... I made two by modifying Amend2 poly 10rnd mags and these have been GREAT!
    I tried doing the same to a Magpul and fudged it up its useless. I was given a Dura Mag from another friend who said it didnt work for him... ITS 100% IN BOTH MINE!! Cannot put my finger on issue as its different but largely it seems incorrect pressure or angle Or both...

So I say try a different mag. Maybe sell once that dont workmfor you cause probably nothing wrong with them its just your situation.

Good luck & God Bless

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_rabid View Post
    Do you have a picture of this? I assume not.

I had an issue when I was running 90gr bullets with my 350. The we’re hitting the feed ramps then hitting the top of the chamber and stopping and the bolt would close on it. Iirc, I put in an H2 buffer and it solved it. I had it with me on another gun so I was able to test it.
    This is exactly what is happening. I shot a bunch of these boolits at a COL of 2.195" but was using AA11 and W296. Those cycled with a standard buffer with no issue - same magazines. I switched powder and now it happens occasionally. One thing to note, I have a 125 grain boolit that cycles with no problem under Aliant 2400 and W296/AA11. I might just buy an H2 buffer and see what happens...
    WWG1WGA

Banned

If you have to use a H2 or any other buffer you are over gassed. Put a adjustable gas block oy key on it to fix it. You can add different weights to the buffer you have to help slow down the buffer also. Or buy a heavier spring.

One funny thing... I'm really leaning toward just shooting the 125 grain boolit and maybe selling the 180 grain mold... My AA11FS attempts gave me really great accuacy and very low spread - also they were in the 2650 fps range...

I have had zero issue with feeding with any of the 125 grain boolit loads. The COL of those is 2.03"... Go figure.
    WWG1WGA

Banned

With that lite of bullet, you are changing the burn rate of the powder. Without the resistance of a heavier bullet the powder will act like a even slower powder. That might increase the port pressure causing a accelerated bolt speed over what it usually runs at. The 350 and the 300 can be picky about the speed of the bolt returning to battery depending on the profile of the bullet.

I'll bet if you use a faster powder at the same length it will go away.