Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand/wrist protection when shooting pistols

My problem is that the knuckle of my thumb on my shooting hand gets chewed up by the cylinder release. I like the idea of the cycling gloves. If they cover my thumb knuckle, I’m gonna give them a try.
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

Boolit Master
    pachmayer presention grips fill the back of the frame if you have long fingers .lock your wrists but not your elbows.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by skrapyard628 View Post
    Check out your local bicycle shop. They should have a selection of decent gloves with gel pads in the palms. If there is a shop that deals more with mountain biking/downhill they will probably have better stuff than the road bike shops.

I have a pair like this that I picked up for when I ride my mountain bike. The gel pads in the palms were significantly thicker than most motorcycle gloves Ive seen. And the bicycle gloves were a little lighter weight too.
    ++ this

Boolit Man
    Whatever happened to the PAST Recoil Glove? They were awesome! I won't shoot my .475 Linebaugh without wearing mine!

Boolit Bub
    pbcaster45- I've been searching for about a year now to find PAST, all kinds of Google /internet searches with no success. That's why I turned to posting to see if a broader audience might be aware of PAST availability. The searches SEEMED to show hits, but every listing when hit indicates "unavailable" when visited. Even the broader search of shooting gloves brings up tactical/ sun protection/work gloves but nothing which says recoil resistance.

Thanks to al the responders to my original post. I may try the "weight lifting, bike riding, etc gloves in my search.
    LouB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12