MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Cz527

Boolit Master

Cz527

Was looking at cz527,in 7.62x39.
    Gonna be a cast boolit shooter only.
    Says 9.5 twist on the barrell,very fast twist,so was wondering how it shoots cast.im leary of it,almost twice as fast as a 32 special,and we all know how them jewels shoot.anyone,try 1,thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    Mainiac- I have one, love it! I originally tried the Lee cast boolit with it and discovered that I could should a .308 with the same accuracy/better than the x39 diameter (.311?). So I switched over to shooting 30 carbine bullets out of it. I would say that if you went with a 32-20 cast boolit you would love it! Those hammer forged barrels are ultra-smooth. That was my first CZ, and I will tell you more have followed me home after that. BEWARE! They tend to multiply!
    Zingger

Boolit Buddy
    I have the CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x 39. I shoot the NOE TL313-RF in mine. I haven't slugged mine because that boolit shoots great sized to .313. I like mine very much and have taken whitetails with it. It's a fine, light, hunting carbine. I want to pick up the 22 hornet version at some point.

Boolit Master
    My CZ527 is a hornet, but I have a Ruger NO1 in 7.62x39 with the same 9.5 twist. I shoot the NOE Ed Harris bullet at 2050 FPS with no problems and fine accuracy. 5 in 1.5 at 100 and I don’t cull very hard nor weigh sort bullets. Hate shooting bench groups as well, so I suspect it’s capable of better. It has been a very easy rifle to work with and I think the CZ would be equally friendly. I have not played around with light bullets yet, 170 to 200 so far. I too dislike fast twist cast shooters but the 30 caliber seems more tolerant than the 22s. Grab one if you can, they are great guns.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    My CZ in 7.62 x 39 shoots just about everything I have well. Especially good with the Lee 312-155-2R. I also use the Lyman 311410 (with PC) and 314-135SP (GC and lube). Used some 123 grain Jacketed too, but the cast ones are most fun. 9.5 twist isn't really too limiting-- each situation is unique, but at 9.5 you can most likely run up to 1800-1900 fps with no issues due to twist.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

Thanks guys,,i had 1 in my hand today,and wanted to bring it home.