Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: One Happy Dad

Boolit Buddy

Red face One Happy Dad

Went out yesterday scrounging up primers and powder. The wife spotted a Ruger American Ranch in .300 BO and was taking a look at it, I go back to business digging around in the reloading supplies and then I hear "Momma can I hold it?". I turn around and my beautiful little 9yo girl is holding the Ruger and doing a good job. After putting the Ruger on layaway, we're leaving the store and my little girl looks at me and asks "Daddy, will you help me load ammo for it?"

I've been blessed in many ways over the years but that was a special moment.
    Cargo

Moderator Emeritus

Good for you. My daughter is on the dark side because of her non working older boyfriend. Enjoy!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Good for you. My daughter is on the dark side because of her non working older boyfriend. Enjoy!
    I feel for you. At 79 I am naturally of old school but I absolutely cannot understand any woman being attracted to a guy who doesn’t have enough character and self respect to have a job but I see and hear it all the time

Boolit Master
    My daughter was my shooting buddy till puberty set in. At 12 sha looked at me and said daddy I dont want to shoot anymore. My heart crumbled. Today she is a Bernie Sanders fan. I asked her where I went wrong. She answered you let me go to UNC and study theater.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Mine went to UNC came out education major and a Lib, but she grew up at about 35 and likes to shoot and votes Republican again.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    You fellas are instilling fear and hope all at the same time. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.
    Cargo

That's all you can do Cargo!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I am currently sitting down eating lunch at a Girl Scout camp. My 10 year old daughter just finished archery lessons and is headed to orienteering shortly. I’m literally the only man here.

While the girls were cycling on and off the range you’d be shocked how many of the mothers were asking me about firearms and how they could learn to shoot BB guns

I’m sitting here wondering how 25 girls have fathers that don’t value their daughters enough to teach them to protect themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master
    That is a great caliber for a girl to learn with. It will not beat her up and good enough to hunt with if she decides she wants to hunt.

As to children, my son has also gone to the dark side and is voting for Biden. He has a few rifles, a pistol, and shotgun I have given him. Intelligent people can do stupid things.... I saw the writing on the wall when I offered to give him a Dillon 550 or 1050 and he had no interest.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

What a beautiful story. Should be posted on that Face site just to see liberal heads explode.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Cool.

Before I got married the 2nd time, the soon to be new wife had a convicted felon older brother
    that couldn't be any where near firearms when she was a kid growing up.
    So there weren't any in the house.

In our early days, I asked her about her feelings on guns since I had several.
    She said, "I want my own".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargo View Post
    Went out yesterday scrounging up primers and powder. The wife spotted a Ruger American Ranch in .300 BO and was taking a look at it, I go back to business digging around in the reloading supplies and then I hear "Momma can I hold it?". I turn around and my beautiful little 9yo girl is holding the Ruger and doing a good job. After putting the Ruger on layaway, we're leaving the store and my little girl looks at me and asks "Daddy, will you help me load ammo for it?"

I've been blessed in many ways over the years but that was a special moment.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Banned
    Helping your daughter develop a love of firearms well before a love of boys seems like a monumental WIN-WIN, in my opinion!
    Congratulations!