Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: JUst a quick update.

Boolit Grand Master

JUst a quick update.

Last week I was making some boxes for fixtures and tooling. While cutting some corner moulding in the table saw I had a piece Kick back. hit my right hand pretty hard and did scrape up the first 2 fingers, no real cuts, or bruising on them. A day later the left arm from shoulder to elbow got sore. Not sure if the kick back strained it but its been sore all week. Icy hot relieves it some but its hard to get around with the walker in the house its so sore.
    I havent went outside to tinkeer all week since Im afraid I might not be able to get back in the house. ( one of the projects is a ramp for the front door I need 2 1" pipe tees to finish the frame and some time to install.). Its getting old just sitting in the house in front of the computer or TV.

Boolit Grand Master

Be Careful ... it's dangerous out there and you hard headed old geezers don't know when to stop .
    I would tell my Dad ... call me I'll replace light bulbs for you (falls for oldsters are BAD)... next day I catch him on ladder ...changing light bulbs .

You need to get the left arm checked out ... shouldn't be giving you this much pain ....
    Call somebody to take you . Call 911 ... It's not going to get better by itself .

I hate seeking medical help myself ... but this is one time I would get it checked out .
    A week and still painful from shoulder to elbow ?
    Don't be hard headed ... Go ... the nurse might be pretty and us old guys need all the excuses we can get to talk to pretty girls !
    Get Healed Soon,
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Kick backs can be very dangerous. Glad you are mostly OK.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    call me I'll replace light bulbs for you (falls for oldsters are BAD)... next day I catch him on ladder ...changing light bulbs .
    My Mom was like that.
    After the 2nd offense, I borrowed her ladder and kept forgetting to bring it back.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

I hate, hate, hate, hate, going to see any doc, but a week!! Have it checked out.

Moderator Emeritus

My doc kinda yelled when I went a week without being able to lift a soda can with my left arm. Sent me for some shots that I think did more damage in my neck than helped. Told my ortho doc and she gave me an extra z(?) Pack of steroids for next attack. Only had to use it once after and she refilled it. Was over four years ago since last incident. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear that, Country Gent. I think you should have a doctor take a look at your hand and arm. Kickbacks are always unexpected and can catch you offguard. I have only had one kickback in more than 30 years, fortunately the board I was ripping left a small bruise on my belly.

Boolit Grand Master

I tend to push myself more than I should. And working from the trac chair puts me at more of a disadvantage. Ive adjusted the height of the benches and stands in the shop for this reason. Same with the garage doors I had the gear ratio chain fall openers Installed on them. Bending down from the chair to open them would pull me out of the chair. The openers make it easy for me. The grandsons at 8 and 5 can open those 10' doors fully with no problem.
    Sitting I have to lift and generate force with just my arms and back.
    I still do pretty much everything I did before just not always the same way. And I do think projects thru more to find what will be "probem" areas for me.

Boolit Master

Getting old sucks but is better then not getting old! I had a large Icepack fall from the freezer and hit my ankle it continued to hurt worse each day for three days two months later it is still a bit sensitive on some days never did see a doctor I did use crutches two days. After the first day it really bruised up from what i could see it must have impacted a tendon.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Grand Master

When we wired the new garage the breaker boxes out lets and switches were installed at a height comfortable for me from the chairs.

Im wondering today, I started the maven cloud last summer for my MS. This may be some of its working bringing back feeling ( numbness was one of the issues with the MS) Ive noticed some other improvements here lately.

It is some better today also.

Boolit Grand Master

Im not old I just have a lot of seniority LOL

Boolit Grand Master

I'm glad you're on the mend .

I didn't really expect you to seek medical help but if you had a broken arm it might have been a good idea .

Give 'em Hell Country Gent
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

There will be plenty of time to see the Doc on the way home from the undertaker.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Im not old I just have a lot of seniority LOL
    I hope you don't mind, but I am going to (steal) start using this quote for some youngsters I know. Thanks