Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Scope questions

Boolit Master

Scope questions

Looking for a new small lightweight scope for a rimfire to be shot between 25 and 100 yards. Considering the SWFA SS 2.5-10x35 Ultra Light which comes in a rimfire configuration with 50 yard parallax or centerfire configuration with 100 yard parallax. The parallax setting is fixed. Will it be miserable to try for accuracy at 100 yards with a 50 yard parallax setting? Misery at 50 yards with a 100 parallax setting?

Wish it came with an adjustable parallax.

If anyone has a better scope suggestion I am all ears, but have had good experiences with SWFA branded products and this is only 9.5 oz and low weight/small size is important. My memory is they have a Black Friday sale which I can wait for.

Optics are a source of pleasure when looking though good optics. My guess is SWFA will deliver a good experience as opposed to being unhappy every-time looking through a scope bought because it seemed inexpensive.

Thanks is advance,

PB234

Boolit Buddy
    Just my quick $.02 here. I've been using the Nikon P223 3X scopes on my PCC's for a while now and have found them to be very clear and perfect for sub 100 yard work. The price is ideal too at less than $150 depending on where you get it. They also make higher power scopes in that same series.

Chris

Boolit Master
    Interesting question. I used rimfire scopes at 100-200yd and never noticed an issue when shooting prairie dogs. Never paid attention to what parallax they had.

Boolit Master

If low power is needed have ya thought about a red dot? Usually much lighter then a scope and FAR faster if thats a need! Both eyes open shooting is in itself "better"

Inaccuracy at range is all in your head and its a prejudice I had to learn to overcome myself. But I have shot 1" groups @ 100 and sub 3" groups past 200 yards. On longer shots uts most helpful to have a no parallax optic with a small Dot.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    If low power is needed have ya thought about a red dot? Usually much lighter then a scope and FAR faster if thats a need! Both eyes open shooting is in itself "better"

Inaccuracy at range is all in your head and its a prejudice I had to learn to overcome myself. But I have shot 1" groups @ 100 and sub 3" groups past 200 yards. On longer shots uts most helpful to have a no parallax optic with a small Dot.
    Thank you for the suggestion. A red dot is worth considering as it will be small, light and can be excellent for the $. May also reconsider going back to irons for this application as they should provide enough accuracy and don't add weight, fragility or $ to the system.