Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is home made shot good for hunting?

Boolit Master

LONG time ago

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    Congrats to all the skeet shooters, and no I don't believe that Trap is the REAL shooting and that skeet is for women and children......the op talks about making shot for hunting which I don't do but with my bullet making bus. I make alot of lead shot for trap and skeet and I believe that it is every bit as good any bought shot, maybe better as I think it is harder......also most trap and skeet clubs will not allow the use of #6 shot, 7 1/2 is the largest. #6 shot may get you kicked out, it's not a big deal though....I've been kicked out of alot of places.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I made number 7 shot and used it for dove hunting it was made of range lead which was softer then WWs and expanded on dove killing them when regular shot would have just been knocking some feathers off.
    Funny thing is a few would always ask what you were hunting with and when you tell them reloads they say shells are to cheap to mess with reloading. When the birds started flying and falling it never failed a few would come over and ask if I sell them some reloads lol.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Banned

I've been giving the idea of a shot maker some thought lately, but I really don't need to get into another hobby and have to learn all the wrong things the hard way again. I started shooting a few rounds of Trap weekly and a guy can go through some lead rather quickly doing that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I've been giving the idea of a shot maker some thought lately, but I really don't need to get into another hobby and have to learn all the wrong things the hard way again. I started shooting a few rounds of Trap weekly and a guy can go through some lead rather quickly doing that.
    Need? Need? Need has something to do with it? You secretly WANT to, don't deny your inner child!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12