Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Herretts Stocks

Herretts Stocks

I just got off the phone with Herretts Stocks in Idaho Falls and the lady (Robin) told me that she was definitely still in business despite the rumors to the contrary. They are moving to a new location so the production will be slow for a while but they are still in business, that goodness. I am pretty sure my 25-5 is going to have to wear a set.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Herretts Stocks in Idaho Falls and the lady (Robin) told me that she was definitely still in business despite the rumors to the contrary. They are moving to a new location so the production will be slow for a while but they are still in business, that goodness. I am pretty sure my 25-5 is going to have to wear a set.
    That's good news, but the word of their closing was not rumors. They had been telling people for months they were closing. I had called them back around February asking for a custom, and they told me they were not taking custom orders at that time, and would be shutting down permanently in a few months. They had been doing usual work non-custom fitting work all this time.

Boolit Buddy

Curious to see which is the reality with Herretts . A Colt new service with Herrett finger groove Jordan Trooper stocks is on my dream list of revolvers to own.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    That's good news, but the word of their closing was not rumors. They had been telling people for months they were closing. I had called them back around February asking for a custom, and they told me they were not taking custom orders at that time, and would be shutting down permanently in a few months. They had been doing usual work non-custom fitting work all this time.
    Yeah, that is what she told me. Evidently their future was a bit shaky for a time and it sounded like it had something to do with their location but they are in the process of moving to a new building. Glad to hear they are still in business and have the problems sorted out.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    That is really good to hear....

A couple of years ago weren't they bought up by one of the big conglomerates like Freedom Group...

Bob

I'm not sure, but you can ask Remington and Marlin how that works out for you when a mega group buys you out. Or better still, ask the employees how it works out!

Boolit Bub
    That's great news. I was about to order a set of Ropers from them earlier this year when the word went out that they had closed shop. I'll be getting in touch. Thanks for the information.
    All that is neccessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Boolit Buddy
    I thought I got the last pair. When I got them I called to see if I could order another set the gent said they were sweeping out their shop and closing up. Happy to hear the operation continues. I ordered Roper stocks for my model-28....what a difference.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear they are still open. Got a a set of herret ropers for my 29 and they are great!
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison