MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Tang Sight for Uberti 73

Boolit Man

Tang Sight for Uberti 73

What tang sight will fit on the Uberti 73 Rifle, was looking on ebay and there are lots of Marbles and Lymans but no ideal which one will fit. Thanks
    Chris W.

Boolit Master

Just so you know ahead of time. Most tang sights have a two screw base. The Uberti has only one tang screw. You will likely need to have a second screw hole drilled into the tang and threaded. I bought a Marbles tang sight for mine and had the second hole put in by a gunsmith. It was definitely worth the investment. Accuracy improved dramatically.

Rather than wrestle with finding an extra long tang screw [probably metric] or losing the original screw I d&t two holes just for the sight and used the short screws that came with the sight. I put my tang sight on a 30 inch oct bbl .45lc uberti. I need to dig it out of the safe and shoot it some.

Boolit Mold
    I installed a Marbles Tang site and a new fwd. sight dovetail blade w/ brass bead on a new Uberti 1873 sport 24” 44 WCF.

The improvement in sight picture and ability to shoot good groups is Absolutely Worth It! Really transforms the Precision of holding a consistent point of impact. I went with the smallest Brass Bead front blade that they make. Pretty fine little dot but good for target shooting. I don’t hunt so won’t lose it in the trees.

I bought the specific drill bit and correct Tap that were detailed in some other readings and it came out just fantastic. Starting that drill cutting into the tang on my brand new rifle was definitely a little Pucker Zone worthy, but so pleased with results.

The Look of these parts really dresses the rifle up nicely too without getting silly. It is Always a ”tourist attraction” at any range I go shooting at.
    Last edited by RadarsRUs; 10-15-2020 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

If I was to go through the trouble drilling and tapping the tang I would go with MVA( Montana Vintage Arms) for one reason , the ability to change from a peep sight to a vernier or soule sight with one base.

I put a Marble's tang sight on the Uberti '73 rifle I owned last year(the one in my avatar), and loved it. I have a Marble's tang sight, screw set, and a dovetail blank ordered and on their way for my Uberti '66 Yellowboy carbine.

I drilled the one hole and tapped it, myself on the '73. I found it pretty simple, though it was my first one.