Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Thoughts on the Taurus G3 9mm

Thoughts on the Taurus G3 9mm

Seen one at the local shop last week . Haven't owned a Taurus semi auto since about 1990 when I had a copy of the berreta 92 . The G3 felt good in the hand for a 15 shot mid size pistol and the price was pretty low . Is Brazil making a decent reliable gun these days ? This one had the stainless slide .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Fired one during a 2x day course. Hated every moment of it. Only the Turkish gun (Girsan IIRC) was worse to handle. They looked like twins.
    I am a cheap bastard, but when it comes to guns, quality matters. I would never carry or trust my life to a Taurus or a turk.

Boolit Master

Taurus has stepped up from years past. Own and carry a G2C and find it very capable. Have many other options (sig, glock, s&w) but prefer the feel and size of the G2C...never a jam over thousand or so rounds and have no difficulty putting rounds on target. For a pistol of its size it is agreeable to shoot. Ten years ago would not have shared the same sentiment in Taurus firearms. Things change. The G2C, as I carry it, I am obviously willing to bet my life on it...ymmv...

Edit - realize the g3 is the larger version, and newer, of my G2C but leaving it up as my comments concerning the reliability of the brand could provide value as posted.
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 10-15-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Grand Master

Quality seems to be ramping up . The Beretta 92 clone I still have and still like .
    In 2005 I bought a 2" bbl. snub nosed , 45 acp revolver , Taurus model 455 and give it a 10 + 5 star rating . It even has a cool ported barrel . Think S&W J frame , stainless steel in 45 acp and can use moon clips ... SWEET !
    I don't own a G3 but I would not be afraid to purchase another Taurus .

My daughter has a revolver like mine in 44 special and the quality is excellent ... it's a keeper also .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Thanks for sharing your experiences I've had a few Tauri revolvers over the years mainly early ones namely the model 85 and their 5 shot 44 spl only lemon I had was their model 94 22 lr non existant accuracy and about a 20 lb gritty da trigger . Gonna ask Mrs Santa For a G3 I think
    Last edited by RU shooter; 10-15-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I have the PT 111 and 140. They work good for me.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.