RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Biodegradable ASBB's

Boolit Master

Biodegradable ASBB's

I used to do airsoft as a training aid for action pistol, but since retiring I have plenty of time to go to the range. I have thousands of these (hey, it's California and was what the store was selling) that I need to pass on.

Does anybody know if this will work for PC shake and bake? I do HiTek so I have no idea, and don't want give somebody something that doesn't work.

Any comments appreciated.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Most on here have had great success with heavy BLACK ASBB's, no the multi colored light weight ones. The black ones from my several years of experimenting produce more static due to the type of HARD BLACK plastic used. In Comifornia, they have everything as bio-degradable even ASBB's??????

They might work, but with all the other dozen or so things that can really mess you up the tumble method....stick with what we know works.....HARD HEAVY BLACK!

banger

Boolit Master
    Biodegradable airsoft bbs degrade under UV light and repeated exposure to moisture. If they're staying dry and out of direct sunlight, they should last a pretty long time. I don't know if they would have any kind of interaction with the PC powder

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Maybe I'll offer up some for free, asking for a no cost trial and comparison from somebody who knows more about the technique than I do.

Any takers? Postage on me too. Just tell me how much is needed for a test.

Boolit Buddy
    So you're saying to melt these and use them as a boolit coating? Or are you saying to PC them and use them in airsoft?

Boolit Master
    The powder coat powder can be put onto the boolits with an electrostatic spray gun, but can also applied by shaking the boolits in the powder along with the plastic airsoft pellets, which apparently create the static electric charge that makes the powder stick to the metal surface until melted and bonded by heat. The powder on the bullets is what makes it to the oven. The BBs and the rest of the powder stay in the shaking container. Different materials generate different amounts of static electricity when rubbed. I'm just asking if anyone has tried these biodegradable pellets.

This is a short and to the point article that explains a materials tendency to either 'give up' electrons & become positively charged or 'take on' negative electrical charges & become even more negatively charged.
    This is what is happening inside the no.5 container when 'triboelectric materials' are rubbed together, as in the lead cast being swirled inside the container, the Air Soft BB's enhance that static charge, they & the container are taking the negative charges off the lead cast and leaves the lead with a '+' charge... that makes the PC want to stick to the lead because it has an excess of negative charges. Opposites attract.

https://school-for-champions.com/sci...m#.X4c7FS3Myks

If you can identify the composition of your BB's, these biodegradable BB's you will have an idea of how well they'll work...or not work well.
    Whatever this biodegradable additive is is probably listed here.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Yes, biodegradable ASBB's are important to some. I used to buy them a lot when we lived out in county. I didn't want to have my property littered with a bunch of plastic pellets. The biodegradable ones really did break down fairly fast when left out in the elements, especially at 6500ft elevation in the desert High UV and a little rain/snow would do the trick.

Will they work for PC? Don't know.