Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: DO NOT SHIP FEDEX! Unbelievable Delays In Kernersville, NC Hub!

Vendor Sponsor

DO NOT SHIP FEDEX! Unbelievable Delays In Kernersville, NC Hub!

DO NOT SHIP FEDEX if your box has to go to or through North Carolina!

DO NOT BUY FROM AN EBAYER THAT SHIPS VIA FEDEX if you live in the eastern US!

Horrendous delays, lost packages, I have two boxes that are lost, and will have to open claims with ebay to get a refund. The North Carolina Attorney General's Office is FLOODED with complaints about the Kernersville hub. People are calling it the "Hostage Hub!"

by: Allison Smith
    Posted: Aug 29, 2020 / 05:45 PM EDT / Updated: Aug 29, 2020 / 05:45 PM EDT

KERNERSVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — The WGHP newsroom has been flooded with viewer emails about delayed deliveries and lost packages.

The common denominator in many of the messages is the FedEx Ground Hub in Kernersville.

People in the area are calling it a “hostage hub.”

“Stop blaming it on COVID. I mean, if every other facility can get the packages moving and it’s like once it hits Kernersville we feel like we are doomed because it comes to a screeching halt,” Melissa Long said.

Last Wednesday, Long ordered furniture that’s being used to build what she calls a “mega desk” for her four boys, three of whom are on the autism spectrum.

“It’s frustrating. This is something that we seriously need in order to be able to have four children in one location to virtually teach them three out of five days a week,” Long said.

One by one, parts of the desk arrived separately throughout the week, except for piece four.

When Long tracked the package it shows it has been sitting at the FedEx Ground Hub in Kernersville since Monday.

Every time she has called asking for an update, no one’s been able to physically locate her purchase.

“He told me, ‘That’s not our problem.’ I said, ‘Are you going to mark it as lost, so the sender can send us a replacement?’ And he said, ‘No ma’am, we will not do that,'” Long said.

Now, she’s out $600.

Long says on Friday she flagged down a FedEx Ground delivery driver at her neighbor’s house hoping for good news. She got the opposite.

“He said, ‘No, I searched everywhere. I searched the hub, I asked people, nobody has seen it and when I went to go leave the facility yesterday I witnessed another employee drive a FedEx truck over multiple packages that are stacked up out there in front of the dock doors,'” Long said.

WGHP reached out to a FedEx Ground spokesperson who sent this statement:

“The FedEx Ground Kernersville station continues to implement contingencies designed to eliminate remaining backlogs driven by ongoing e-commerce growth during the pandemic. In addition to ensuring adequate staffing is maintained, we are flexing our network as necessary to reroute certain packages to nearby FedEx Ground stations for assistance. We encourage customers who may continue to have concerns about lost or damaged packages to contact the shipper to begin the claims process. Customers may also track their package or contact customer service by visiting www.fedex.com.”

Long, who is trying to provide an appropriate learning space for her children with disabilities, says that’s not good enough.

“Don’t blame it on COVID. It has nothing to do with COVID. It has to do with your facility and the way they do business,” Long said.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...or-mismanaged/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I haven't had any thing shipped to me by Fedex for years because of their service failings. I either us USPS or UPS or USPS. No delays no lost or damaged packages.

Boolit Master

Fedex is the worst carrier I have ever dealt with over the years.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

They lost a shotgun barrel I sold and shipped , I had to refund the $$ and then Fed ex more or less tough luck!
    Never did get anywhere refund wise.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

exact opposite. FedEx has been on time,with no issues vs ups who has been late, every package should be here before 2pm end up at 5 to 7pm. are dirty, nasty having been drug through the dirt somewhere along the way. every package. and have destroyed several

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’m still waiting to hear what happened to two SFRBs that I mailed in mid August to two of our members here. I’ve already refunded their money but the USPS owes me over $100- and tracking #s are useless when even employees can’t tell you where it is. I’ve filed the online forms but I’m not holding my breath. The first time I’ve had a beef with the Post Office. Vote by mail? Hell no.
    Thanks for the FedEx Warning!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I’m still waiting to hear what happened to two SFRBs that I mailed in mid August to two of our members here. I’ve already refunded their money but the USPS owes me over $100- and tracking #s are useless when even employees can’t tell you where it is. I’ve filed the online forms but I’m not holding my breath. The first time I’ve had a beef with the Post Office. Vote by mail? Hell no.
    Thanks for the FedEx Warning!
    EXAXT SAME HERE!! Three different packages to three different locations across continental US LOST NEVER TO BE SCEEN. BUT TRACKING SHOWS one in Washington one in Tennessee and a third in Ohio. But none have shown left that location. Multiple people have tried to help we flagged them nope nothing they are gone. All whwre heavier lead bullets. Im convinced someone tossed to pushed aside because they are "too heavy" for there lazy government job dupa's! All where 30-40# LESS THEN allowed and VERY WELL SOLIDLY oackaged WITH ADDRESS STICKERS INSIDE ON EACH DOUBLE BAGGED item. SOMETHING should have been delivered evennif the box was split open!

Not much of a fan these days. Thanks for the Fed UP update!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    I placed an order through Cabelas, which they broke into 2 shipments and sent via FedEx. Both packages were set to arrive the same day. One, the cheap one, arrived on my doorstep as promised. The other one had an error of saying the address was wrong and my place did not exist. So they immediately shipped it back without even allowing me to go pick it up.

Definitely the worst and least organized carrier.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I've had no problems with FedEx here. I haven't had anything come by FedEx in the past monthorr so but see the truck in our development often. I wish the USPS were as reliable as the FedEx and UPS have been here.

One has to wonder about the upper management as well as some of the worker ants when things just "disappear" and the attitude is "so what?" when there are obviously "issues" with distribution centers, etc. - sounds like time for a good "house cleaning" - unfortunately, there are way too many people who don't possess a good "work ethic" - and it isn't limited to delivery services by any means.

Boolit Master
    I just had a package held up by the post office in a Florida distribution center for over 3 weeks. Tracking showed it on time until it hit Ocala....then is sat for 3 days before it said on the way arriving late. Just showed up today. Sat for 3 weeks in that distribution center.

They are becoming highly unreliable. Might be due to Covid-19 in that they've hired some replacement drivers that may be substandard in performance. I'm using a pawn shop to receive my firearms purchases--nice folks, very helpful and efficient. About 4 months ago a pistol I ordered went astray. The Fed-Ex driver said that he had attempted to deliver it to the pawn shop at 10 a.m., but the pawn people said they open at 9 a.m. and no one entered the shop. So the shop owner had to go to the local Post Office and pick it up. Second incident, I recently ordered a Mini-30 on Gunbroker. The pawn shop sits between a bowling alley and a Dari Queen. I showed up to do the paperwork the day that the tracking number said it had been delivered, but the pawn people hadn't seen it. Next day they phoned me and said that it had been delivered by someone from Dari Queen. But, I can't give the Post Office high marks either, as it just took 20 days to get a small package from Brownell's, and it's not the first time for them either. Only UPS seems to be working right for me.

Boolit Master

I ordered a scope. It shipped from New Jersey the 11th. The tracking says it's delayed. But does not show where it is. This is priority mail. Merchant is going to contact USPS to find out. It's normally a 2 day ship.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

COVID may have exposed these problems but now BETTER THEN 6mo in, its a SKAPEGOAT.

We have ALL BEEN working within the issues. My company produces same As we did last year. We are busy and dont blame a medical problem on anything we do.

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    They are becoming highly unreliable. Might be due to Covid-19 in that they've hired some replacement drivers that may be substandard in performance. I'm using a pawn shop to receive my firearms purchases--nice folks, very helpful and efficient. About 4 months ago a pistol I ordered went astray. The Fed-Ex driver said that he had attempted to deliver it to the pawn shop at 10 a.m., but the pawn people said they open at 9 a.m. and no one entered the shop. So the shop owner had to go to the local Post Office and pick it up. Second incident, I recently ordered a Mini-30 on Gunbroker. The pawn shop sits between a bowling alley and a Dari Queen. I showed up to do the paperwork the day that the tracking number said it had been delivered, but the pawn people hadn't seen it. Next day they phoned me and said that it had been delivered by someone from Dari Queen. But, I can't give the Post Office high marks either, as it just took 20 days to get a small package from Brownell's, and it's not the first time for them either. Only UPS seems to be working right for me.
    Umm...FedEx doesn't leave parcels at the Post Office for pickup.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Doug, I saw your post about the Kernersville Fedex hangup after I had ordered crash parts for my truck Friday. 4 orders were through Fedex and one each UPS and USPS. I got the UPS package Tuesday, and 3 of the 4 Fedex packages through Kernersville today, Wednesday. I ain't got my bumper from Nevada yet but the rest have been ahead of estimated delivery. I hate ya'll have had the problems. Maybe the Fedex guy gets sidetracked up in Henderson? I know I'm lookin' to duck when I drive through there.