RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corn Cob media mistake.....!!!!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

We would save the cobs from shelling corn for the pigs and 1-2 times a year would grind then for using on the barn garage floors. ( we ground cob and all for the cattle). Corn cobs are soft and very absorbent. In order to grind well they need to be dry. Its a very dusty job. They will break down over use also. We used corn cobs and a light oil to polish injector parts and press stampings for carburetors. Ran 24-7 with these harder heavier parts in the cement mixer type polishers they would be much finer when they were discarded. The grinder we used was pto driven and ran from a 50 hp tractor. The grind wheels could be set down to grind flour from wheat if desired. ( Dad occasionally planted an acre or 2 of buck wheat and we ground that into flour)

Boolit Master
    I guess I best buy the correct granulation as I don't think it'd be cost feasible to invest in teh equipment you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    We would save the cobs from shelling corn for the pigs and 1-2 times a year would grind then for using on the barn garage floors. ( we ground cob and all for the cattle). Corn cobs are soft and very absorbent. In order to grind well they need to be dry. Its a very dusty job. They will break down over use also. We used corn cobs and a light oil to polish injector parts and press stampings for carburetors. Ran 24-7 with these harder heavier parts in the cement mixer type polishers they would be much finer when they were discarded. The grinder we used was pto driven and ran from a 50 hp tractor. The grind wheels could be set down to grind flour from wheat if desired. ( Dad occasionally planted an acre or 2 of buck wheat and we ground that into flour)

Banned

mix it in your floor bed or garden for mulch. I go to the local feed mill and buy 50lb bags of crushed walnut.

Boolit Master
    I use a walnut shell from a pet store called lizard litter. It's fine enough to flow out of a 223 and doesn't pack in the primer pockets. I get a few that stick in the flash hole but they go away during resizing. I use a lee decapper before cleaning the brass.

There are two grades of crushed walnut lizard litter. Get the finer grade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12