MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooters World

Boolit Bub

Shooters World

Anybody use (or used) Shooters World powder? Rifle or Pistol? Thoughts on powder?

Boolit Master

I do , good stuff and the price is decent , using in my socom and my blackout , also bought some for Garand , but have not loaded that yet .

Boolit Grand Master

I have not used it but there are many good reviews of it. Specifically the Blackout powder. It’s the one I’ve searched out and read reviews. But there are plenty for the other powders.

Boolit Buddy
    I use their match rifle for 223, 308, and 30-06. Meters well. I use their Blackout in 300BO and 450BM. Their data is limited so you may have to play with a load.. My 06 shoots 1/2 inch with it. Still working up load for 450BM subsonic. Works great with 400 gr but have feeding problems with FN. Getting ready to try it with 500 gr. Have to wait for electricity. I get in trouble when I turn off ac in house to supply power to reloading room. Causes lotsa hate and discontent.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Banned

I use the Auto Pistol and Tactical Rifle. Cheap and works awesome.

Boolit Master
    I shop on-line, I tend to be very price sensitive and I buy big batches to save on shipping/hazmat.

Regular prices on SW powders never tempted me to try them. In March of this year, I stumbled across a good sale on Heavy Pistol. The burn rate is between Blue Dot and H110.

I have used a lot of WW296 / H110 through the years, but had some ignition issues with the last jug of H110. It might have been from a batch that was harder than normal to ignite, or I just did something with my loads that caused problems.

Given my change in attitude toward H110, the Heavy Pistol sounded like it would be worth a try.

After using the stuff, I am glad I bought two 8 lb jugs.

When I bought the stuff, I also grabbed a brick of CCI 550 primers for under $30 just to "spread around" the hazmat charge.

Now that deserves a .
    Last edited by P Flados; 10-12-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use "Precision" and have bought some of the others to try. No complaints here

Boolit Buddy
    I've been using Clean Shot, Works fine in .38 Spcl. Similar to 231. Sometime back Midsouth had a free hazmat promo if you bought 2 pounds or more of Shooter's World powder.

Boolit Master

I've been using Buffalo Rifle in my .38-55 and am truly happy with results. Replaces AA5744 for less than half the price.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Clean Shot and Buffalo do what they are supposed to do.

Boolit Bub
    I use Tactical Rifle to load the Hornady 62gr fmj with 24.0 grains. Runs great in semi autos. I have a few other powder types from them, but haven’t had the time to try them.

Boolit Buddy
    this year i started to change over to shooters world powder because of the price and knowing that lovex (shooters world) made the accurate powder for years. also i have a local store that stocks shooters world at powder valley prices that give a military discount on top. i use Precision rifle in place of varget and 4895. buffalo rifle in place of 5744. buffalo rifle is old accurate 5744. clean shot in place of titegroup. auto pistol in place of accurate #5. heavy pistol in place of 2400.

Boolit Master
    I've used:

Clean Shot
    Heavy Pistol (Good for H110/296 Sub)
    Ultimate Pistol (Great for 9mm and 40 S&W full power ammo)
    Tac Rifle (Nice for .223/5.56 to 69 gr bullets)

Have heard good reports about Precision Rifle and the Socom powder.

Boolit Master

I have used a few jugs of the Buffalo Bore. Love the stuff. I haven't worked my way through the rest of theirs stuff. But i plan on trying more. I have their cross reference chart and they have an equivalent of what i use.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought 30 lbs of CleanShot at a very good price during a sale with free shipping and HazMat. $15/lb delivered.

I am planning on testing it out but not very worried about how it performs as I have never seen a negative report. Every pistol and pistol caliber rifle I have has worked with whatever I feed them wrt powder. I still have a lot of powder to go through until then so no urgency.

Good to read that their rifle powders are well liked. Once (if ever) the madness is over, I need to find a replacement for Varget. It is not only expensive but usually difficult to find.

One of the properties I like about Varget is that it is not temperature sensitive. Does anyone know if SW has a powder with the same property? I can be shooting in temperatures from 0* to 95*
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Precision has been shooting about the same as Varget in my 6 Dasher. I decided to run a dipper full over an old black powder screen I had and a lot of ugly stuff fell through the screen from the Precision but it still shot good. All Varget but two specks rode the screen.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had good results with 40gr of Precision in military 30-06 brass, under a PC/GC Lee TL312-155-2R.

JM

I have been using Shooters World Tactical Rifle in 223/556 for a couple of years . I like the Auto Pistol for 9mm. ( My go too powder for these cal.) I am also able to get these local at a great price.

Boolit Bub
    Wow! not 1 complaint, good to know! Thx for all the input. I got a couple cans pistol power to try, now I am anxious to try Precision rifle, (but like everything else in shooting sports, hope I can still find some). Don't we live in interesting times?

I have used Buffalo Rifle in my 45/70 Marlin and it shoots great, not to mention it is clean. Accuracy is good and it loads like 5744 without having to take out a mortgage to buy it.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast