Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: 22wmr

Boolit Master

22wmr

I ordered a box of 22 mag and was floored at the price. It was $50.00 a box but I was thankful to get it. Many other places were out!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master

Geez, can't imagine that. Glad I've got all I'll ever need and grumbled about $11 a box for jhp
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Just ordered another 500 rounds from Bud's Gun Shop. I think these are going to be 28 cents ea probably over 30 with shipping.
    This will put my stash of those over the 3k mark. But I have 3 pistols that take .22mag. An Excel Accellerator semi auto, a NAA Earl 5 shot revolver. And soon to arrive a new Heritage .22lr/.22mag with adjustable sights to replace the 22 year old one my daughter talked me out of. So I will have to have some range time and ammo to get my new one sighted in.

Ammo is still out there for .22mag but prices are going up.

A lot of people say .22mag ammo is expensive, and compared to 3-5 cents a round .22lr it is.
    But compared to a shotgun shell or a rifle round like .30-30 when it comes to killing varmints it will do the same job.
    Costs are about even with a shotgun shell, but less than rifle ammo. Lots easier to carry 50 .22mag than it is 50 shotgun shells.

Recoil is less also.

IMO it will kill a varmint, or a coon, badger, possum or deer just as dead assuming you put it where it needs to be.

The other advantage is most people don't pay much attention to .22mag. So at a time where virtually all handgun ammo is impossible to find. I can still find .22mag and at reasonable prices. That seems like a good thing to me.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!